PDA

View Full Version : Multi-user situation + Linux hosted website

jonburnham
September 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
I am not sure if we are able to use CommitCRM. We will have people 'on the road' and in different locations. Also, I don't see how we can deploy the customer web portal on a non-Windows hoseted website. These 2 things strike me as the achilles heel(s) in an otherwise excellent product.

Please can you guys explain how Linux hosting and remote workers can be accommodated.

TIA

Jon

Support Team
September 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Hello Jon,

There are 2 options for your employees to have remote access to RangerMSP.

Option 1: You can use Remote Desktop to take control over one of your network pc's and run RangerMSP on this session. You can also run the RangerMSP application remotely over Terminal Server or CITRIX on a central server (note that this option requires using the RangerMSP SQL Database add-on. RangerMSP should work great over any of these remote access technologies.

Option 2: Your off-site employees can access RangerMSP over the Employees Web Interface. The employees web interface will give your employees the same access that their privilege group is configured for. Also, the Web Interface can be configured to use SSL Encryption so only browsers with the right certificate can access it.

Regarding your question about Linux web server, you can embed the web interface login page to your web site and forward the login directly to the web interface request to the windows server hosting the RangerMSP software. The Web Interface service can be running on your Windows server at your premises.

For more information on embedding the web interface login page, please click here

Reno

jonburnham
September 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks Reno - I will have a look at the tutorials.

Jon