PDA

View Full Version : Attaching CommitCRM sql DB to another web application

jkronk
September 18th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Good day,
I am building a web application for documenting technical support calls made to our business. I have a separate database similar to the CommitCRM database, but I am sick of exporting from CommitCRM and then the troubles of programming an import to my application have left me seeking another option. An option I have been thinking about was actually just connecting to the CommitCRM database so I could just read/write to and from that and scrap my whole database in the process. Can anyone give me any documentation or maybe if this is even possible? I will be using Visual Studio 2008 for my application.

Support Team
September 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Hi jkronk,

Sure, RangerMSP provides ways to communicate with the database in order to read and update information in the database. You can use the ODBC link to read information and the RangerMSP API in order to update data directly in the RangerMSP database.

The official documentation will soon by available on our Web site, and at the moment we can send it to you directly via email. Please contact us at Support @ and we will provide you with all the required information for this.

Sheli

jkronk
September 18th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. I saw the one right above mine too about the exact same thing haha! weird.
Anyways I thank you for your reply. Can you delve in a little more possibly about your API? feel free to email me I have sent in a support email again.

Also i realize helping customers with the API isn't top priority but I appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks!

Support Team
September 18th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Info sent via email!

lpopejoy
September 19th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Sounds like interesting thing you've got going on there... I'd be interested to know what you plan to do with the info once it is in the CommitCRM DB? Log it as history notes? Are you going to report on that to the client? ...or just for your own info? I'm not sure if CommitCRM gives you the flexibility that you may need to pull this info and report on it... I could be wrong.

I've been thinking about doing something similar, but going the other direction... Pull the Customer data out of CommitCRM and integrate it into a MySql db.. Then, usine Asterisk, I can report on all my phone calls (outgoing and incoming) and log it in the DB as well... However, it would be much nicer to have that info in CommitCRM - if it can be reported on!

--Luke