PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for Inventory?

cforger
October 2nd, 2009, 06:39 AM
How are you guys doing your inventory? Asset management is decent in Commit, but we still need to track a lot of accessory items like memory, etc. Even if it's just to cut down on theft or misplacing things in the shop.

natrat
October 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
I was using stock management in Quickbooks but it has some quirks with the way it calculates COGS so i no longer track stock. I only have one contractor at present so its not too much of an issue. Once i have the shopfront opened though Iwill need a solution to this.

Aveyotech
October 5th, 2009, 02:48 PM
We tried the QuickBooks inventory as well, to no avail. At this point we are not using any inventory tracking methods either. I think Commit's items could be tweaked and expanded upon (by commit) to be used as an inventory. I really wish they would consider expanding it to be a full fledged inventory, then market it as an add-on module to CommitCRM.

just my 2¢ though

nattivillin
October 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I wish CommitCRM did inventory. Right now we use qb, but we only track by category and not by individual items. Its only 50% effective. We operate 3 retail stores as well as our business and consumer networking. Inventory tracking is definitely lacking from our software suites.

Thomas@washpc.com
October 13th, 2009, 02:40 PM
One could always try to track inventory through Excel or Access. I am not using these personally right now but i know that it can be done.

bmahoney
October 15th, 2009, 09:56 AM
We are currently using QuickBooks for inventory control with pretty good success.

cforger
October 19th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Ah yes, everyone seems to be in the same boat as me - QB is only good for very simply inventory, and using another program yet again just increases the time it takes to perform administrative tasks, and makes training that much more complex.

We've been with CommitCRM for a year, and like it, but the inventory issue has us considering Tigerpaw or other software to try and get everything down to one peice of software for nearly all of our daily use.

Product Team
October 20th, 2009, 12:06 PM
cforger,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts openly.

At RangerMSP we constantly work to provide the best and most complete solution for our users. Different systems offer a different feature set in different quality levels. It is possible to find solutions that provides some features that we currently don't :-( but at the same time provide weaker solutions in other areas where RangerMSP already provide robust answers to.

QuickBooks Inventory management might not offer very advanced inventory management features though we know that some of our users really enjoy the features it already offers. Please remember that once your RangerMSP Items and QuickBooks Items are synced, every QuickBooks invoice you generate right from within RangerMSP affects the inventory levels automatically in QuickBooks.

In any case, your feedback is noted and we will seriously consider it, we're currently working on some other, very nice, features that were requested by our community, all will be a part of RangerMSP 5.3 (more on this at a later time). We always try to make our users happy and we'll keep you feedback in front of us while prioritizing users requests.

Thank you,
Sherry

lee1000uk
October 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM
?Hi all this forum is great.

We use a program called Abmis Proffesional by http://www.accvision.com
I bought my first licence on ebay for £39.

They do put their software on ebay cheaper some times.

We have used this for 4 years, it also as point of sale, bar code printing and reading.. keep a track on everything.

Quickbooks is not good for tracking items but good for accounts.

Hope this helps
Lee

cforger
October 20th, 2009, 06:58 PM
lee:

How do you integrate with CommitCRM using that product?

lee1000uk
October 21st, 2009, 02:45 AM
hi, what we have is a shop area, workshop area & Offices.

We book the job in on CommitCRM assign to a ticket.
Complete the job, enter the charges in the charges field, then print a charge sheet and stick it on the complete shelf.
Customer comes in and collects system, we just copy the sheet onto Abmis point of sale so we can issue a receipt and keep a eye on the cash register.

We dont really use quickbooks link in commit, as I find this will be more complicated to keep a track of. Abmis also produces a statment for each customer...

Then our office staff print off the month report and stick it onto quickbooks.

I find this works well, as I say you cant have all your eggs in one basket.

MAybe if CommitCRM could produce a point of sale product & stock system into CommitCRM i would not use admis.

Hope this helps.

cforger
October 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Oh, and to the CommitCRM team response:

Yes, you guys do a great job, and CommitCRM is excellent for what it is - but it's a bit small. Your support and development is great, but I sometimes wonder about if CommitCRM is the right match for my business - mostly because I want an app that will do nearly all of it, and I'm getting to the point where I'll pay for it, because of the savings in management/admin time and effort. To grow into all of these areas in time for me to make use of you isn't possible.

Then again, the price may be just too much for these full featured apps.

Oh - I'm still waiting for my timer save feature. :-)

lpopejoy
July 6th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I'm just wondering what the possibilities are of you guys adding the inventory feature... This hasn't been a big deal in the past, but I'm thinking about starting to track this. I don't care for the Quickbooks inventory feature too much...

Just wondering if you guys are planning this in a future release!

Thanks,

Luke

Support Team
July 6th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Hi Luke,

Thank you for asking this.

We do not plan to implement this in the near future. When RangerMSP QuickBooks Link is used and you generate QuickBooks invoices from within RangerMSP it automatically affects the inventory item balances in QuickBooks. Anyway, if it'll become a very popular request we will revisit it.

Thanks,
Neta

springcity
July 21st, 2010, 04:09 PM
Auto Task is a great product if you want something to do it all. It is very complicated though and pretty expensive.