PDA

View Full Version : Assigning Tasks within Tickets

FM_EDI
October 5th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I am currently running the free trial of CommitCRM and had 2 questions:

- When creating a ticket, I see one ticket can have multiple tasks which is great but is there a way to dispatch the ticket to more than one employee, especially since the tasks are assigned to more than one employee?

- Or can we just create and dispatch tasks instead of tickets?

We are a small company and bascially want to be able to use this software to handle the inbound support calls our techs receive or both organization and billing.

thanks!

Support Team
October 5th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Hi,

Thank you for posting these questions.

I think that both of these questions can be satisfied with the same answer.

Basically, each ticket can contain multiple tasks and appointments, each assigned to a different technician.

You can use the Dispatcher to dispatch new appointments for tickets, or add the tasks/appointments via the ticket's Pending tab.

If you set an appointment for a different employee than the ticket manager, and set the time and date for that appointment, then the appointment will show up in the calendar, already dispatched for that employee. Also, the appointment can be right clicked to show the linked ticket or account.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require further assistance with this, I'll be happy to help!

Neta

FM_EDI
October 5th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I apologize, my subjust is misleading. I know how to assign multiple tasks based on one ticket, but is there a way via the Dispatcher to assign a the same ticket (which will have more than one task, assigned to different Techs) to each of the Techs handling the same ticket?

Support Team
October 5th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Hi,

Maybe you should go to the ticket > details tab and mark the ticket for dispatch, so that you can dispatch it again to another employee. This can be done as many times needed.
Also, you can right click a single appointment, and copy it to multiple employees. However, this option will copy the appointment to the same time, so you will need to either drag it to a different time, or edit the new appointments details.

I hope this helps.

Reno Breen

FM_EDI
October 7th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks - the copy appointment feature will work perfectly!

Support Team
October 7th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hi,

I'm glad this feature will accommodate your needs.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Reno Breen