PDA

View Full Version : Cant print forms from web interface

nattivillin
October 8th, 2009, 05:49 AM
When using the web interface, we cant print any forms. Any we select, it just hangs and says waiting on ip address.

Does the web interface have an issue with firefox?

Often when using the interface, we get a windows that says "true" We then cant go back or forward, usually have to close it and log in again.

Support Team
October 8th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hi nattivillin,

No, there shouldn't be any problem printing reports from Firefox. It sounds like a local issue, however, we don't have enough details in order investigate this.
Please send us your log files, we will look into this (via the Help > Technical Support menu in the application).

Thanks,
Neta

nattivillin
October 8th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Sent!

Support Team
October 8th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks, we're on it...

Support Team
October 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Hi,

From reviewing the logs we couldn't find anything unusual regarding reports via the Web Interface. It looks it may be something with the browser's settings or something similar.

I'd appreciate some more details so we can focus on the problem:
1) Does this happen with the Print Preview option, Print to PDF option or both?
2) Does this work differently with other browsers you try?

Thanks,
Neta

nattivillin
October 8th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I tried it with FF and IE, same result. This is exactly what i do:

Log into web interface, click view ticket. The drop down where it says print to PDF, we select print tech service form 1 (or anything). I'm assuming at that point it should print? Not sure since we have never got it to do anything....haha. After that the status bar at the bottom of the window just says waiting on IP. (ours). Then it just sits.

Print preview does the same thing.

Question? How does the software know where to print to? Is it trying to print off the server or the local machine?

I assume local machine.

Support Team
October 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the additional details.

We still can't think of a reason for this behavior. We'd like you to check two more things:
1) Does this happen also from other computers? Have you tried this from inside/outside your network?
2) Does this happen with system predefined reports? With user customized reports?
3) Are you able to print preview reports using the Print Preview menu (the two predefined web reports)?

Thanks,
Neta

nattivillin
October 8th, 2009, 10:53 AM
It does happen from other computers.
We are using predefined reports. Happens on the lan and wan. We are using it on the lan using the wan address and not the local server address. Think that makes a difference?

Not sure what you mean about number 3. No matter what we select as far as print, it hangs.

nattivillin
October 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
i was reading up on allowing customers access to the web interface. I came across this in a troubleshooting section and wondered if this could be the issue?

Can't download documents from the web interface

Solution: Using the Web Interface, employees can download CommitCRM documents which are located on your server, directly from the browser.
In order to allow file downloads, you should first map the folder locations for the download, so that the Web Interface Service will be able to access them for download. You can also define folders which will deny download, in case you need to protect sensitive information from being accessed via the web interface. To setup the documents download settings, go to Tools > Options > Web Interface. Read more about this under Document Download Settings.

Support Team
October 8th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Documents download settings - this is related to downloading documents manged in RangerMSP so you don't need to configure it to allow printing PDF reports from the Web interface, however, you should make sure that your server Local System users has full access rights and all privileges to the RangerMSP server folder and all sub folders - this is the users that is assigned, by default, to the RangerMSPWebInterface service.

Besides, I managed to track one other (old) report about a similar issue one of our users faced. The following helped in their case - your should verify that you have a printer defined and configured on your server (not the client that runs the browser but rather on the server that runs the Web interface service). This may sound strange but not having a printer defined on the server caused their problem. In case you already have one defined, either add another printer or try to update some of its details so it'll be refreshed, and also verify that all Everyone can use it. Once this is verified restart RangerMSPWebInterface on your server and try again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Neta

nattivillin
October 8th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Every so often we get a pop-up from CommitCRM on the server saying no printer installed. Coincidentally, it may happen every time we try to print from the web interface. I will add a printer to the server tomorrow.

Support Team
October 9th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Sounds like a plan. Let us know how it goes and whether this helped.

nattivillin
October 9th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Installed a printer and viola! Thanks.

Support Team
October 9th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Hi,

Thanks for telling us.
Let us know if you need anything else.

Reno Breen