PDA

View Full Version : End Time prior to Start Time

cforger
November 6th, 2009, 10:29 AM
What's the way to get around this? I often will work from say 6pm - 3:38 am for a client, and I can't enter the time into CommitCRM because it says "End time is Prior to Start Time"

Can it just not take it, or maybe ask for a stop date when it thinks it's rolling the midnight-hour like that?

For the moment, I just reverse the AM and PM fields, so it can calc properly - but then I need to set them back to the proper AM/PM after I'm done to ensure I have a proper record of my time - Lots of clicking that I rather not do.

Tnx.

Support Team
November 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Hi,

Thanks for posting this question.

Appointments in RangerMSP cannot span over a single day, which is why you cannot enter the appointment with the times you suggested. This would indeed require adding an "end date" for the appointment.

We have a forum discussion with a suggestion on how to work around this until we can have this feature looked at. It discussed charges, however, the same rule applies for appointments. Please review the suggestion in this forum thread, and let us know if this works for you. You can also find some more information about entering appointments which start at midnight in this forum thread.

Hope this helps.

Sheli

nattivillin
December 21st, 2009, 08:51 AM
Seems weird that CommitCRM cannot handle an appointment that goes into the next day. Almost any service oriented software should support that feature. Since our main goal is to support our customers, we work when they need us.

Support Team
December 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the comments.
We understand that this limitation makes creating night time appointments difficult sometimes; however, the limitation comes from a part of the code that cannot be changed lightly, and we need to research tis heavily in order to make sure that there are no side effects to this fix when it is released.

For now, we hope that you can get by until we have the opportunity to address this.

Many thanks in advance,
Doron