PDA

View Full Version : Anti Virus for Servers

danny-pcs
December 3rd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Which Anti-Virus product do you guys use for servers?

Any recommendation?

Thanks.

PC Southwest
December 3rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Avast (avast.com) and use the ADNM to manage on the clients, a bit a fun to learn but worth it. Good price and register for affiliate to get the price down (30%). So even if the client buys for themselves you get a some profit.

smelvin
December 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Trend Micro Worry Free Business Security.

I know that there are some people who have had problems, but we like it a lot and all our Support Analysts know it inside out. To date, we haven't had a problem other than a bit of fine tuning for specific customer's needs.

We used to be a Symantec reseller and were badly let down when Endpoint Protection killed a server (with Exchange) for one our biggest customers. To make matters worse we used Backup Exec System Recovery with that server and whilst there were no errors in creating the backup (and hence no error reports) the backups themselves were corrupt and unusable. Symantec let us down badly with both their products, and then to top it all would not support us. It is in your hour of greatest need that you know how good your supplier/vendor is. Symantec will never get our business again!! I have been in the IT industry for decades and have had good and bad experiences with a lot of vendors and I have never been let down so badly.

Sorry for the rant.

Scott

cforger
December 10th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Stay away from CA (Computer Associates)'s ITM or consumer. We've been behind them for years, good pricing (as low as $10 a machine), but the reliability of their deployment tools/management is questionable.. we're always having to fix things. The detection rate can be embarassing as well - We're thinking seriously about Sophos.. good technology, good detection rates, price is very high tho.

Aveyotech
December 16th, 2009, 01:47 PM
We are currently looking to change as well. We used Symantec Corp Edition for years with good luck. Unfortunatley, like many others, we were forced to go to Symantec Endpoint with disastrous results. I bet there isn't a week that goes by that we are not trying to remedy an issue with that product. Needless to say we are very dissatisfied with it.

We are considering Avast, AVG, and Kapersky. We have used Avast's Bart PE product for a while with good results.

Any input would be appreciated.

bpennell
December 21st, 2009, 09:26 AM
We currently sell Kaspersky, and I also highly recommend Eset Nod32.

cforger
December 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM
NOD32's been excellent for detection and run speed - not as sure how it works in a corporate environment, but we used it as our primary virus remover on the tech benches here for years.

biztech
January 20th, 2010, 06:25 AM
We also had issues with Symantec and have switched to Trend Micor business class. Its very good and "light". Make sure to get their registry tweaks you can push out which greatly improve performance.

virtualnetworking
January 21st, 2010, 12:30 AM
We us Trend Micro Worry Free. It is very good and very easy to control all aspects of security. Version upgrades are easy as well as you just load on teh server and it pushes out to the clients.

biztech,

Whats the registry tweaks?