We have customers which we get by referrals
But we feel like we should expand.
I wonder if there is any other effective way to attract and get new customers
Thank you

Jared

zoldar
January 4th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Hi Yaredo,

Apart from referrals, do you use any type of market advertising? If not then there are plenty of ideas for marketing on the web. Newsletters for instance are a good way to retain customers along with good service of course.

Jeff

Yaredo
January 4th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

We dont use marketing since we are not sure which one is effective and the referral worked very fine until now.

Google ads? TV?

Thanks

nattivillin
January 9th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Tv isnt a good idea unless you are planning to spend a ton. Frequency is king with that medium.

-David-
July 16th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Google ads is good and cheap, also I just went around the local area with 500 postcard size ads and putting them in letterboxes that increased my customers.

hayden
August 23rd, 2011, 04:27 AM
Word of mouth is king. The next best is cold calling. You need to be OK with doing this though. It can lead to much business. Drop me your email and I can give you some more info. I only cold call and get referrals by word of mouth. Dropped all my advertising.

hayden
August 23rd, 2011, 05:29 AM
Read this actually. Sums up what I was trying to say

http://www.mspmentor.net/2011/08/19/hps-new-direction-five-critical-lessons-for-your-business/

nattivillin
August 25th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Anyone have any experience buying lists?

Arcadia Computer, Inc.
September 4th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Our referral program works like this. Customer receives a 'thank you' letter in the mail with 3-5 business sized referral cards. These cards state they are good for a free $50.00 diagnostics on a computer. When someone brings one in, we waive the $50 diagnostics fee and get to work. Since the card has a place for who gave out the card, we send them a $10 check for referring the new customer.

On a side note, our customers have started using the $50 diagnostic cards as $50 coupons. I let it go the first time, but remind them that is not what they are for. Everyone's happy. Our most used service is 'Virus / Spyware Removal' we charge $175 flat rate.