PDA

View Full Version : Event Log Monitoring

bpennell
January 13th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Hi guys,

We currently use Level Platforms, and have been less than impressed with the product. We're also not that impressed with N-able or Kaseya.

We already remote into our customers locations via VPN, and we can setup our own WSUS server and antivirus. All we really need is an event log monitor that will alert us on specific events that we can define.

What do you suggest?

nick_asg
January 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Not really an answer to the question, but what problems did you have with Level Platforms? I've been considering their service.

lpopejoy
January 13th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hands down Labtech. They have a free trial, check it out. It also integrates seamlessly with CommitCRM - better than any other RMM tool on the market.

http://www.labtechsoft.com/

That's my .02

Luke

natrat
January 13th, 2010, 09:43 PM
If your main concern is event log checking, you must use GFIMax Alerts (formerly Hounddog). Very powerful and configurable, and best of all the maximum cost on any server you set it up on is $22 per month. It's just brilliant and the price cannot be beaten.

http://www.hounddogiseasy.com/

bpennell
January 14th, 2010, 09:30 AM
My biggest problem with Level Platforms is a TON of false positives. We've been running it for a few years now. We started out with our own server, and then went to a hosted solution throught Ingram.

We were on an earlier version when we had the server, and we got a lot of false positives.

We almost dumped the product right there, but we decided to wait for the new version and transferred to Ingram.

Ingram regularly experiences latency issues, which gives a site down alert. (as in this week they were sending out notices about latency issues)

My techs HATE getting 95 site down alerts at 3AM.

Also I'm not impressed with their reporting, but that's another issue.

ssitandy
January 14th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I'll second using GFiMax (was HoundDog) works great, inexpensive, does what you need. Dumped Level Platform 2 or 3 years ago and don't regret it!

bkendall
January 14th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I would second labtech.

bminker
January 15th, 2010, 12:26 PM
GFI Max would probably suite your needs well.

paulNZ
January 16th, 2010, 09:55 PM
We are using Zenith Infotech ... good price and pretty exceptional options and services.

Has helped us to grow our business significantly with little to no extra cost, certainly no extra staff.

biztech
January 20th, 2010, 06:23 AM
We have Zeinth as well (not to bad except for the horrible language barrier and all the calls seem to "happen" around 3am as stated above by other vendors as well. For customer who don't want to pay us for our package monitoring, we can still install spiceworks which is free if we need it for our own information. its decent but not as customizable.

virtualnetworking
January 21st, 2010, 12:34 AM
GFI Max/Hounddog si easy to use and cheap.