PDA

View Full Version : Web interface and ports

allstate
January 23rd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Hello,

I'm having some trouble accessing CommitCRM from outside. I have setup a subdomain with godaddy and forwarded it (XXXXX.mydomain.net:port #) to another domain that is using dynamic dns. I have setup port forwarding in my router to the local ip. This setup works, but its only about 1 in 25 times it will actually get to the login page. normally i get "Oops! This link appears to be broken." I have tried several different port #'s that are above 1024 and after i change the port it seems to work like 1 time and stop working until i change the port and then it's the same thing over and over. I have setup the correct port and domain name in the .ini file a restarted the service everytime i change the port #. I ran a audit program and it has shown every port i have tried to be listening on the local machine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!!

Support Team
January 25th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
The error you’ve copied us appears to be an internal GoogleChrome message saying that communications cannot be established with the server you’re dialing to. If the RangerMSP Web Interface does indeed appear to load, and then it cuts out, then we suggest that the software firewall on the computer may not have been configured properly to allow the RangerMSP Web Interface to receive connections from the outside world.

To verify this is indeed the issue, please restart the RangerMSP Web Interface service, and research exactly which software firewalls are installed on your server, and temporarily disable them to check if this is the issue.

If this works, please enable the firewalls 1 by 1, to see which one is causing problems with the RangerMSP Web Interface. Once you’ve found the problematic firewall, please add an exception for \RangerMSP\WebInterface\RangerMSPWebInterface.exe.

Also, please verify that the RangerMSPWebInterface service is not being deactivated by any other software.

Please note that the RangerMSPWebInterface service should be restarted after making changes to the firewalls, so that the server is refreshed.

Let us know if this helps.
Regards,
Sherry

allstate
January 25th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the reply! The firewall is disabled on the local machine. I get the orange flower on the tab, but i still get the "Oops! This link appears to be broken." error. What other kind of programs would interfere with CommitCRM?

Support Team
January 26th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the update.
The next step in troubleshooting the web interface is to send us the log files from your RangerMSP system. The log files can be found in RangerMSP > Help > Technical Support.

Once we have the logs, we’ll analyze them to ascertain the cause for this behavior.

In the email message that will be generated with the log files, please copy the link to this forum post so that we understand they are for you.

Regards,
Reno Breen