PDA

View Full Version : Remote Backup

virtualnetworking
January 27th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Just wondered what people was doing for remote backup.

We currently use SecurStore but I am not all that impressed an it is expensive.

Any recommendations

pops1000uk
May 11th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Hi i used Live Drive for a while but got a bit concerned about security. No I use "FREENAS" open source server.

The server is located at home while using a client called Gladinet at work on all my pcs. The software then FTPS all the data to my server at home.

ITs working very well the system also as software raid! bought a cheap hp proliant server to do the trick.

springcity
June 16th, 2010, 03:26 PM
drbackup.net
carbonite.com

Those 2 are great of automated off-site backup. Could use FreeNas with one on-site and 1 replicating off-site.

Arcadia Computer, Inc.
September 4th, 2011, 04:37 PM
We use Mozy (reseller). I've been looking for a more inexpensive solution that is as good as Mozy but have come up empty. Carbonite for home use is $5 per month for unlimited. Mozy used to have this and stopped offering it. Be warned, restoring data from $5 permonth Carbonite plan will take days if there is a large amount of data!

mcjack
September 29th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Hi pops1000uk I am just wondering if you could give me some info regarding Gladinet to setup on this scenario. Lets say I have 4 sites, A, B, C and D. Site D is a fileserver and has folderA for site A, FolderB for site B, FolderC for site C. What is the best way to setup Gladinet so that Files from Site A, B and C will be backed up to Site D on respective folders.
And also each site should not see other sites folders. Is it possible if yes what kind of license would I need. Thank you very much.

Lyj_e1
April 2nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
We use Mozy, nothing compares to the control panel options and ease of use for the administrator and client. Plus it's fast backing up and restoring data.

-David-
July 11th, 2012, 02:38 AM
I was using acronis online backup, but due to the fact it makes the system hang sometimes on shutdown and has corrupted the OS once i have stopped using it.