PDA

View Full Version : [acc-mgr] CommitCRM Asset - Update - Alerts (Labtech)

Easy I.T.
January 28th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Labtech updates the assets in CommitCRM twice a day. Each time I receive an alert email for each and every asset that is linked between labtech and CommitCRM saying that it has been updated.

Is there a way to stop this ? I don't want to turn "account manager alerts" off as I want to receive other account manager alerts - just not asset updates.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Support Team
January 28th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for posting this.
The Account manager alerts you receive cannot be filtered from within the system before they reach your email account; however, an alternative solution would be to use Outlook Rules and Exceptions to automatically move the unwanted Asset updates from the main inbox folder to a sub folder, or even to the trash bin. If you use an exchange server for managing your email accounts, then the result of the rule would also affect the same messages on your subsequent devices that are also synced to your exchange account.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Sherry

lpopejoy
February 1st, 2010, 06:53 AM
Jeremy,

I just created a rule to move all asset updates to a folder which I periodically empty. I agree with you, it's annoying becuase nothing should be changing in the data so I don't understand why we should be getting an alert email, but... whatever...

The only problem with this is that now I no longer get "legitimate" asset changes/updates that are made by one of the other guys. But I can live with it. :)

--Luke

Support Team
February 1st, 2010, 07:04 AM
Hi Luke,

Thanks for posting this feedback.
The Asset alerts that are being sent out everyday are being triggered since the Labtech Connector has been designed to export all asset to the system while overwriting the older data that has been stored in the RangerMSP database.

This means that when you update the assets database in Labtech, then those changes probably won't be synced to the RangerMSP database until the Labtech Connector exports all the asset information and generates the Asset Alerts that you're getting from RangerMSP.

Since the Labtech Connector is developed and maintained by Labtech, we suggest sending them a formal service request to possibly have the Labtech Connector updated whenever they have the chance to address it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Reno Breen