PDA

View Full Version : Accounts vs Contacts / Outlook sync CommitCRM

Dsweigart
November 30th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I am trying to find the best way to initially get all of my accounts and contacts into CommitCRM and what is the best way to keep outlook and CommitCRM synced in the future.

I have 1000 accounts and 3000 contacts. To get the contacts on the contacts tab of the account I have to create 1000 spreadsheets (One for each Account with its average 3 contacts) I could do this but even after the import you must then manually link each of these contacts back to the Outlook contact so that a change in either Outlook or CommitCRM in the future will keep the two systems in sync. Is this correct?

Then, How do you keep the two systems in sync in the future - I guess you must have to add the contacts to CommitCRM first then let it add/sync it to outlook - because if you add it to outlook first it will not add it to the correct account contact tab in CommitCRM - instead it would add it as an account and not be on the contact tab of the account.

Is this really how this works? Help? How do all of your customers use this? I can't beleive that we are the first one to be asking this question - but i can't find anything in the forums about this.

Does anyone have any work arounds?

I just need a simple logic flow of how you would recommend Keeping contacts in sync with outlook.

Thanks

Support Team
November 30th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Dsweigart,

I just answered to your post on the other thread and noticed this thread now. Please review the answer there.

Thanks,
Dina