PDA

View Full Version : Subcontractor Permissions

g2computersolutions
December 28th, 2010, 06:11 AM
I have a subcontractor that does work for me in another state. I have setup this subcontractor in CommitCRM and put them in the group 'subcontractors'. The problem I'm having is that I only want the user to be able to see and work on the tickets assigned to them.

When I test the actual permissions from the web interface, it seems that the user has much more access to the client account than is desired. I don't want them to see the client documents, assets, and some other areas.

Is there a way to have more granular control over setting up a restricted user so they only have access to the tickets they are assigned.

Support Team
December 28th, 2010, 06:42 AM
g2computersolutions -

You can manage what the Subcontractors can/cannot see/do by managing what is included the the Subcontractors privileges group.
For example, you can prevent them from seeing other employees Tickets, etc. Most items are covered by default and you have a lot of granular control, though not all aspects are fully coverred. In case you modify the content of the Privileges Group please restart the Web interface service for the changes to immediately affect (or wait until it'll automatically be updated).

Click here to learn more about Employee Privilege Groups and here about Subcontractor privileges.

HTH,
Dina

g2computersolutions
December 28th, 2010, 07:14 AM
The problem is I have to allow the subcontractor access to the account that the assigned ticket belongs to. When I do that, all they have to do is click on the 'view' option under the 'account' tab, they are able to see everything about the account; including assets, documents, and more.

Support Team
December 28th, 2010, 08:03 AM
To resolve this simply select the Subcontractors cannot view Account details and you're done (done for the Subcontractors Privileges Group). They won't be able to navigate to the page you mentioned. You can also disable the Documents feature, etc.
Remember to restart the Web service for the changes to be applied immediately.

Thanks,
Dina