PDA

View Full Version : Initial Block value

LAnewbie
February 11th, 2011, 06:38 AM
It would be quite useful to be able to modify the initial block of time value to a negative on some occasions (for example, as they use up slightly more than their last block of hours) -is this possible? I know i could create a fake charge so it goes into negative but the client would see this when i send them a report. Many thanks in advance for any useful tips!

Support Team
February 11th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks for your post. The initial Block of Time value can be modified (to any positive value) from the Contracts menu of the main Contracts window. So if you have a 10 hours block of time and the customer has over-use two hours last month, you can reduce the next month block of time to 8 hours instead of 10. One way to do it is to modify the initial block value, another would be to add a 2 hours Charge a log it under the contract so the block value will be reduced. Same trick goes the other way around, if a few hours were left in the block of last month you can increase this month block by changing the initial block value - or - you can a time charge with a negative hours amount, this will also increase the block value.

Hope this helps.
Sheli