PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks Sync Customizing?

desktopdoctors
February 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I currently use CommitCRM to generate invoices in Quickbooks. I have found myself doing a lot of double data entry and would like a way to minimize my work....cuz im lazy ;)
When we check in computers, we fill out the Description field with the customer problems etc. I need to find a way to have this information listed on the invoice when I sync to quickbooks. Is there a way to have customized fields added to the sync process? Like the description field? That would be awesome.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations in advance!

Support Team
February 17th, 2011, 12:39 PM
The Description is not added but rather the Charge records details are. What you can do is simply add a Charge and copy the Ticket Description to the Charge Description. You can use a dedicated Item for this Charge (call this Item "Ticket", for example, and set its price to $0) make the Charge billable and it'll make its way to the Invoice. It takes a few clicks but will provide you with an immediate solution.

Hope this helps.
Sheli

lpopejoy
February 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM
What you are mentioning is a problem for those who do "Point of Service" payment/invoice. What we do to fix this is just print the invoice fromCommitCRM. This allows you much more flexibility in the presentation of the data/problem/description/resolution/charges. The big problem with that though is the receipt of payments (that has to be done as a separate process, later) and if you use QB Merchant services for credit card processing.