PDA

View Full Version : Alert server getting backup up (part duex)

nattivillin
February 24th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Every few days employees and customers stop getting alerts. The COMMIT\Server\QSysEDOutbox has all kinds of stuff in it, but they will not go out.

We restarted the service a few days ago, and a few days before that, but this has to get resolved.

The most recent restart didn't clear the que, we have things sitting in there since the 22nd.

What can we do to get this working consistently?

Is this a mail server issue?

Where are the logs we can look at to see what is going on?

Support Team
February 25th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Thank you for posting this. If alerts are not sent it is probably because something blocked those email message from being sent. A restart may indeed help as a new process is created and it will probably work fine until it is blocked again.

In case only some of the items are in the queue are not sent then it usually has something to do with the mail server rejecting specific outgoing emails, for example, if these are relayed email messages and you mail server does not allow relaying, another example is that the mail server tries to verify the email addresses found on the email header and some of the email recipients cannot be verified, or it is possible that the email message is being forwarded and for some reason the structure of the original email message (the one being forwarded) found to be invalid by your mail server, etc.
When logging into RangerMSP client with a SysAdmin user, a message will pop reporting about these errors. If not message pops go to Tools > System Tools > Advanced > Check for RangerMSPServer Error Reports. In case errors are found they will be displayed.

In any case, feel free to send us your RangerMSP log files using the Help menu in RangerMSP and we will review them for you.

Thanks,
Sheli

nattivillin
February 25th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I understand what you are saying, but that doesn't help me fix this.

Being a computer person, i need more information about what exactly is going on.

I need to know how many messages were sent that were rejected, which email addresses, etc. CommitCRM needs logs that the end user can read as well. It would probably result in less support emails.

I need to be able to eleminate all the things it could be so i can find and fix the problem.