Online backup
Domain/web hosting

More?

AN-Tech
April 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM
We sell managed antivirus.

mcjack
April 13th, 2011, 06:18 AM
what are the margins and which ones do you sell. Thank you.

natrat
April 13th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Forgot about AV. Am doing more of that now too. I've been selling ESET. the client is lightweight but seems to do the trick. I only use the AV product though, not the "smart security" with firewall, have had too many issues with some software not working correctly with it installed, even when you turn off the firewall module.

am currently testing GFI's Vipre after talk about it here. am already a GFI partner so can order straight away. Pricing for PCs is very aggressive. Not so hot on the pricing for onsite Exchange mailboxes though. Its double the cost of NOD32's Exchange product. However their hosted mail security is not bad at $2 per mailbox per month. I've been using Trends hosted mail security and it works a treat - clients spam dropped by about 98% overnight after it was turned on.

AN-Tech
April 13th, 2011, 08:21 AM
We are setup as a Vipre reseller but rarely do so, we sell managed AV at $5/month.

Also agree with natrat, we typically don't use the firewall component. They are usually more trouble then they are worth. We've also moved away from software based exchange protection and take care of that through hosted solutions like Spamsoap or Postini. They do a fantastic job of blocking spam and virus's.

bkendall
April 13th, 2011, 10:30 AM
A few that come to my mind:

Application / VPS hosting
Printer Consumables (just in time delivery)
Wireless as a Service
VOIP Trunks
Energy Auditing
Daily Network Health Checks (for break/fix clients)

Let me know if you want more details on some of this.

Brad Kendall
www.bradkendall.ca
brad@bradkendall.ca

natrat
April 13th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi Brad,

What does "wireless as a service" look like?

bkendall
April 14th, 2011, 08:29 AM
We sell Wifi as a Service using open mesh (http://www.open-mesh.com/) wireless mesh technology. We focus on the hospitality industry so we sell wireless services for $3.00 / month / room. We bill annually so there is actually no upfront investment from us. We find you only need one access point for every 3 rooms. At $60 an AP and a VERY low installation cost this model really works for us.

Brad Kendall
www.bradkendall.ca
brad@bradkendall.ca

natrat
April 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I can't tell you how serendipitous your reply is. This is EXACTLY what I need for a tricky layout resort. Now to see if they ship/sell to Australia.

natrat
April 14th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks, btw :)

bkendall
April 14th, 2011, 09:33 PM
You are welcome. I love to be helpful.

Brad Kendall
www.bradkendall.ca
brad@bradkendall.ca