PDA

View Full Version : Websites to block

nattivillin
September 1st, 2011, 10:23 AM
A few years ago I began blocking websites so employees would work more than play. It's not too serious to subscribe to a content filtering service, but we do have some specific sites listed.

Besides facebook and myspace, what do you guys have blocked?

Or are we the only ones blocking access!

Arcadia Computer, Inc.
September 4th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Our company isn't quite large enough to start implementing this. However, we have BEGGED most of our business customers to block sites because of their constant spyware battles. For some reason the owners always have the same answer, "Well, they only use it during their lunch hour and we can't control what they do then." Well, it's your equipment, not theirs and they are damaging it!!! It's like talking to a brick wall. Don't know why I'm complaining, more Revenue for us!

I-Netcs
October 31st, 2011, 06:29 PM
Why not use OPENDNS.ORG?

nattivillin
November 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM
We started using open dns a few months ago. It blocks bad websites sure, but it doesn't necessarily block time wasters.

Lyj_e1
April 2nd, 2012, 06:54 AM
We talk to our employees freely and have a careful balance between work and play. If you have employees constantly abusing this trust, then you need to ask yourself, should that employee be working for your company?