PDA

View Full Version : Managed Services Coverage

Stanley Ng
October 6th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Hi all,

May I know do you all (Managed Services Contract) covered the following:

1) Managed domain Registrar control panel for customer?
2) Email Administrative services (Add/Edit/Remove) end-user email if customer using pop3/imap/hosted solutions?

Btw, what if some of the customer do not want to install MSP agent on some pcs, will you still charging them full managed services cost? The customer still required you to support that particular pc...

Your advise on the above is much appreciated.

Thank You.

Stanley

swallservices
October 7th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Yes, we cover those items.

As for not installing an MSP agent... I've never ran across that problem. But if I did and they were adamant about not installing it, then I'd raise the price. That MSP agent helps us do our job and mitigate our risk - without it my job is harder. It basically becomes break-fix for that PC in which case I'd charge them for that higher risk accordingly.

My 2 cents.

nattivillin
October 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
We handle all those as well.

If they don't want the agent installed (haven't ran into this) then we'd charge them a higher rate. Id also write in the contract that those pc's with the agent are not eligible for the SLA.

There would'nt be any way to remote in, apply patches, and you'll be there maintaining that one computer more than the others.

Stanley Ng
October 28th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Looks like everyone is charging customer based on managed server, workstation, network and printer.