PDA

View Full Version : SMS Text to New Ticket

pops1000uk
July 31st, 2013, 05:50 AM
I use Text Marketer here in the UK. Has anyone managed to configure SMS text message to Ticket?

Support Team
July 31st, 2013, 07:00 AM
Do you mean to create a Ticket in RangerMSP when an SMS is sent to you? Or to send an SMS when a new Ticket is created?

To send an SMS from a ticket you can use Online Services and in fact there is an example of that using Clickatell described in the Sharing Center:

SMS Technician Job Details

pops1000uk
July 31st, 2013, 10:54 AM
When someone sends me a text. Textmarketer uses API i think?

Support Team
July 31st, 2013, 11:47 AM
We're not following you on this one! Please elaborate more on what you're trying to achieve and we will share our insights. Thanks.

pops1000uk
August 1st, 2013, 04:26 AM
Sorry. I use an online text to email service or text to API. I want it to open a ticket.

Anyhow I think I know how I can go about it, can you please tell me your API to open a ticket for an existing customer taking the details from their mobile number on PHONE 2 Field?

Support Team
August 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
If your SMS messages are converted to email first then you could perhaps use the Automated Emails feature in the Email Connector as described in this knowledge base article:
How To Create Tickets On Behalf of Your Customers Using Emails

Further details of the Automated Emails feature can be found in the Email API doc here:
API by Email and MSP Integration

The full API system provided with RangerMSP allows for developers to do much more and is extensively documented here:
API Developers Guide
API Code Samples

In other words, a programmer can easily implement exactly what you described on top of the RangerMSP API.

Hope this helps.