PDA

View Full Version : GoDaddy SSL Help

pops1000uk
August 6th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hi, I have installed a GoDaddy SSL. On firefox I keep getting an error: about a problem with my SSL. I am guessing its someting to do with the Root.pem file.

How do I get this SSL to work on Firefox?

I have other SSL;s from Go Daddy that work ok on firefox. I remember importing a file from GoDaddy. Not sure how with this one?

What Platform is Commits web server based on? Centos?

I get this error:
uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Support Team
August 7th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Converting certificate files between formats is always tricky. Google has tons of information about it and we've also summarized some of it in this article. For further information please use Google and other tech forums.

Hope this helps.

pops1000uk
August 7th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Doing a SSL Check using http://www.digicert.com/help/

I get this error:
SSL Certificate is not trusted

The certificate is not signed by a trusted authority (checking against Mozilla's root store). If you bought the certificate from a trusted authority, you probably just need to install one or more Intermediate certificates. Contact your certificate provider for assistance doing this for your server platform.

Is this referring to the Root.pem file? ? ?

pops1000uk
August 7th, 2013, 06:35 AM
I know I need one of these https://certs.godaddy.com/anonymous/repository.pki
, Do i need them to be the same filename?
Do I need to convert them?
What file name does it have to be?
What platform is it?

Support Team
August 7th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Yes I believe they need to be converted to pem format. In case you didn't see yet, there are some SSL docs here:
Using SSL with Web Interface
Creating a new SSL Certificate for the Web Interface, other than the info we complied in these articles please use search the Web for more.

pops1000uk
August 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bloody hells fire :-) Still cant get this to work anyone want to convert Go Daddys Root file for me or does anyone have one that works? My Cert is fine is the Go Daddys one I need working

pops1000uk
August 13th, 2013, 02:06 PM
can anyone convert the root for go daddy and put it on here? PLEASE :-)

lpopejoy
August 13th, 2013, 03:57 PM
The instructions are pretty clear in the wiki... Step 6: step 6