PDA

View Full Version : Web client - multiple tabs

racassel
September 19th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Is it recommended to run multiple web pages? It's a lot of bouncing around to find stuff using a single page. If I open a tab for Accounts, Assets and Tickets I am much more productive.
Why is the option to right click "open in a new tab" "open in a new window" not selectable?
Why doesn't Internet explorer spell checker work in CommitCRM web pages?
We just started using the inbox feature, where is this section in the web interface?
Thank you!

Support Team
September 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
You can run the Web interface in multiple tabs, there's actually no limit to this. Simply visit the portal homepage again to virtually "log in", the embedded links will not work as they have some related logic behind them.

The spell checker runs perfectly well in both Chrome and Firefox, in general I see no reason why it won't work with IE unless you use an old version.

Hope this helps.

Support Team
September 19th, 2013, 11:57 PM
About the Inbox: In the drop down right to the Find button in the Web portal you will find two options "My Tickets in the Inbox" and "All Employees Tickets in the Inbox", selecting any of these switches to an Inbox view.

HTH

racassel
September 23rd, 2013, 12:08 AM
Thank you for the reply, I am running Win 7 w/ IE 10 and didn't see any prompts, tried on a different machine and its working.
Glad to see the inbox is there. What is the default sort for this view? It seems to be random order when it first opens up for all employees.
I am curious why the options to "open in a new tab or window" don't appear, for example when right clicking on a hyperlink item like "View" ticket.

Support Team
September 23rd, 2013, 06:24 AM
The Inbox is sorted by the last time a customer updated the Ticket (sent an email).

The options don't appear because each tab would run as a separate session, unrelated to the others.

HTH