PDA

View Full Version : Email Template improvements

lpopejoy
September 21st, 2013, 04:52 AM
I would like to send different ticket competed emails based on whether or not a ticket was completed by the API. This got me thinking it would be nice to be able to have rules which would allow you to select a DB field, define a value, and then select the email template which will be sent out when that ticket is completed.

A possible alternative is creating some "if" logic for the templates. So actually in the template you could say something like:

<commitCRMIF priority="immediate">
Your high priority ticket has been completed....
</commitCRMIF>

This would allow you to effectively modify a template based on any detail in a ticket or account. Like you could have differed text for a business account or residential account.

Anyway. My .02.

racassel
September 22nd, 2013, 11:09 PM
With the ability to create automated tasks, CommitCRM could scan tickets or charges or other fields for recent status changes and trigger emails, tasks, elevate priority, notify manager of overdue status, generate mail merge letters, reports, service due reminders, request for referrals, new product emails holiday emails, and on and on.

Possible enhanced automation based on manual change of the status flag:
1.) New - We got it. someone will look at it soon.
2.) Pending - Has been assigned to an engineer.
3.) Scheduled - We will fix it within 24 hours.
4.) In House - We're working on it.
5.) On-Site - Appointment has been scheduled (fill in date and time from next pending action.
6.) Other - We think it 's resolved. We will assume you do if we don't hear from you in 24 hrs.
7.) Completed. Thanks for the opportunity to be of service.

4a. Nice to have. Work in progress. What we did so far. Send a copy of the text from the last charge.

A checkbox option to merge and prompt for input, or just send it. Default to just send it.

Support Team
September 23rd, 2013, 06:09 AM
Interesting idea, we'll take note of it. Thanks for the suggestion.