PDA

View Full Version : tabs --

raymond
March 15th, 2014, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure if others are experiencing this but our staff (including myself) is having more and more difficulties finding the correct tabs when working under tickets and particularly accounts. The issue is that there are just too many tabs and finding the specific one you want to work in is getting tedious. Interestingly enough, I think the graphics in the tabs are not helping the issue. Frankly speaking, these icons don't really mean much (a lot of them look almost identical, some are identical and they are simply too small to identify) and simply don't help us locate what we are looking for.

Some possible recommendations:
* Remove the icons in the tabs so that we have more "white space" (things are less crammed together).
* Add more white space in the tabs so they are not so crammed together.
* Allow us to bold or even color code certain tabs.

thanks!

//ray

cvttech
March 15th, 2014, 07:10 PM
+1 For colored tabs

lpopejoy
March 15th, 2014, 08:03 PM
I hide the "messages" and "details" and "notes" tabs. We don't use messages. I took fields we wanted from details, the notes fields, and some custom fields and put them altogether on a custom tab. That gave us a net reduction of two tabs which makes it much more manageable.

Support Team
March 17th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Thank you for posting this.

Indeed removing/hiding unused tabs may help.

Thanks for suggested improvements, we will look at them and may include some enhancements in this direction in our next release.

raymond
June 30th, 2014, 10:52 AM
how about putting the tabs in alphabetical order... getting really tired of playing "find the tab", especially when resizing windows (they re-order and move about).

thanks --

//ray

Support Team
June 30th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Many changes in this regards are coming... stay tuned.

Update:
Starting with RangerMSP 9 the name of tabs with data are shown as bold.