PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Inbox --

raymond
September 12th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Are people using the Inbox?

Currently we work out of both CommitCRM and Outlook but we are thinking of trying to move away from relying on email alerts (Outlook) in favor of having everyone work directly (only) out of CommitCRM. This would simplify things but I'm not entirely sure it's a good move. One issue I see is that employees will need to manually toggle between the Tickets and Inbox tabs under the master Tickets window... another issue is that employees may not be able to stay current on what is happening with a ticket/client just through CommitCRM.

So I'm looking for advice and to see what others are doing.

Thanks!

//ray

AN-Tech
September 12th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I have never really utilized the Inbox in Commit. Maybe I don't fully understand it or see its benefit.

lpopejoy
September 12th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Nope, not using it. People interact with the tickets that are assigned to them.

I think it would be much more logical to have the two things merged. Have tickets that have changes that you (the ticket manager) have not seen Bold in your ticket list.

Having the functionality spread out over two UI's is too confusing, but I'm sure there's some logic.

lpopejoy
September 12th, 2014, 01:32 PM
...and when I was doing more tech work, I used the inbox. I haven't been able to convince anyone else of the value. :)

AN-Tech
September 12th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I'm starting to see a pattern of features that need to be merged :-)
There are just too many places to look for things.