PDA

View Full Version : Importing data from Autotask into CommitCRM?

davemack
December 31st, 2014, 03:13 PM
Several months back, my shop got introduced to LogMeIn's new tiered pricing structure, which would have been a 400% increase over the previous annual subscription fee. While I saw enough value in LogMeIn to abide by a price increase, the jump was so substantial as to be offensive. My research directed us to ScreenConnect, which is self-hosted and a one-time purchase. We implemented it back on October and have been satisfied with it. It'll take three years for us to break even on the cost of ScreenConnect, but at that point, we'll coming out ahead by quite a bit each year.

My shop started out with Autotask Go about four and a half years ago. The three-user license was priced reasonably enough, at $129/month or so. Since then, we've grown to a six-person shop. Breaking the 3-user limit of Go, we were forced to switch to Pro, which, quite frankly, we didn't need or benefit from. Our subscription with Autotask is now almost $400/month. To be blunt, that's about double what I feel is a fair price for the service, so I've been researching alternatives.

CommitCRM looks to meet all of our requirements going forward. My main concern at this point is importing all of our data from Autotask into CommitCRM. While I haven't confirmed with Autotask directly, I've read reports of Autotask providing clients with copies of their databases upon request, so I should be able to get my data from Autotask in some sort of format. I'm not sure what format Autotask provides the data in, but it looks like CommitCRM can import from seven different formats, including text files and Excel files. It also looks like CommitCRM support can provide data import, presumably at additional cost.

Thanks!