PDA

View Full Version : Calendar sync with outlook 2016

nattivillin
October 5th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Some weird string error progID "outlook.application"

How do I get this working?

Support Team
October 5th, 2015, 07:29 AM
We're not sure what that is. Look like an issue with Outlook set up. Please email us your RangerMSP's log files for further investigation.

nattivillin
October 5th, 2015, 08:00 AM
CommitCRM doesn't see outlook 2016 as a valid email program. It isnt on the list when i try to mail the logs. I have to do it the old fashioned way!

Support Team
October 5th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Seems like something is broken with your configuration. While not officially supported yet it works well for others already. Please zip your \Logs folder and email the zipped file back to us.

nattivillin
October 5th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Sent!

Support Team
October 5th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Received and will be sent for review in our lab. We will get back to you once we hear back.

aaspeer
October 5th, 2015, 12:21 PM
We were having issues with Outlook 2016 being seen as the default mail application as well. CommitCRM wouldnt see it and neither would Quickbooks.

lpopejoy
October 5th, 2015, 02:45 PM
We do too. I haven't had time to troubleshoot though.

AN-Tech
October 6th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Going to be fun dealing with clients compatibility issues related to automatically updating Office applications :-)

nattivillin
October 17th, 2015, 08:05 AM
We are still having issues. Commit basically said "it is outlook and we cant help you" because it isnt our fault yada-yada which i understand but it isnt helping me fix it. They told me to remove / install off again but that didnt help.

It wouldn't be an issue if they actually talked to the exchange server directly instead of forcing a sync through outlook running on my desktop.

lpopejoy
October 17th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Do you have issues if UAC is turned off?

QuoteWerks had issues with sending email via Outlook w/ 2016 as well, and they released an update which fixed it.

Support Team
October 17th, 2015, 04:18 PM
The official Office 2016 is entirely new and it is not officially support, should be with our next release. Syncing with Exchange may offer many benefits (we have it on file) though its interface are changing and other issues might arise.

Having said that, with the current latest version of RangerMSP (v9) it normally works well.

nattivillin
October 19th, 2015, 03:58 PM
UAC is always off :).

I again removed office 365 (along with any other office crap interop things i could find) , rebooted. Turned outlook sync in CommitCRM on / off / on. It told me there was no program (i thought great). I reinstalled 365 and rebooted. Turned outlook sync on in CommitCRM and the popup is back.

nattivillin
October 29th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Still having this issue! Pops up constantly when commit is running.

Support Team
October 29th, 2015, 07:46 AM
This gotta be something local. Does this happen on other PCs as well? Also, email us your log files for review, while this seems to be external we would be happy to review the current state of your RangerMSP's log files. Thanks.