PDA

View Full Version : SLA = End of Next Business Day?

thankgod
October 24th, 2015, 12:26 AM
As per the subject.

Would the creation of an SLA that expires by the end of the next business day be possible?

For example:
Working hours = Mondays to Fridatys 0900 to 1700hrs
Tickets created on Monday (anytime) will be set to be due on Tuesday 1700hrs

Support Team
October 26th, 2015, 06:10 AM
SLA can be defined with specific hours/minutes amount that will be added to the Ticket Due Date based on your Working Hours Schedule as configured under Settings menu.

thankgod
October 28th, 2015, 09:36 PM
How does one specify the SLA such that it will be due at the end of the next business day?

Support Team
October 29th, 2015, 06:00 AM
The existing SLA rules allow you to set a fixed amount of hours/minutes - e.g. due in 5 hours, etc. therefore setting the Due Date to the end of the day is not currently an option. It is an interesting idea and we will take a note on your question, it seems like as SLA does rely on your working hours schedule the calculation will be able to rely on it. Thanks!

thankgod
October 30th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Thank you for the reply.

I do agree that one could probably make do with an SLA set to 8 hours ... though technically, that would not be the end of the next business day.

I guess for the businesses that I have come across, SLAs then towards

- 2 hours
- 4 hours
- 6 hours
- next business day

As such, I would definitely call for an SLA, end of next business day to be added. Information is all made available to CommitCRM since we have to input business hours, so guess *might* be do-able.

Support Team
October 30th, 2015, 06:11 AM
RangerMSP supports exact-hour-SLA plans, that take into account the business working hours schedule.
You feedback is noted and will be considered, Thank you.