PDA

View Full Version : Status Ext Field

AN-Tech
December 9th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Can you tell me where things are at with getting the Status Ext field on the General tab near the Status field? It makes not sense to have them on different tabs and is frequently not being used properly because of this.

Thanks

Support Team
December 9th, 2015, 10:24 AM
We have this request one file, changing it will affect other users that use this field for other purposes as well and are used to it being there. In any case, we understand your feedback it and it will definitely be considered.

AN-Tech
December 9th, 2015, 11:05 AM
I don't think putting it where it belongs should be contingent on someone using it for a purpose other then whats its intended for. This is like having the phone ext field on the details tab, just doesn't make sense.

lpopejoy
December 9th, 2015, 04:56 PM
@ascendnet, not sure if this helpful or not, but what we did, is took a bunch of these fields and make a new tab, and put them on it. Then we hid a couple tabs that didn't matter.

That seemed to help us get "everything on the same page."

AN-Tech
December 10th, 2015, 09:33 AM
I looked into doing that awhile back but thought there were some fields that could not be added. I don't remember exactly what they were but will try again.

Mind sharing an image of your custom tab?

lpopejoy
December 10th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Sure, here's a screenshot:

https://rxyfsg.bn1303.livefilestore.com/y3m5HpkXRy4Yw0pM9lb170ZSXY57PrHmiLjZ1hrJAisJs90B6g y4OUFgFwo25Dih1UgJZkG6TBsvSePWJgwjkGaBu3Bz7PUB2MPg hnfXqyetL1PyaGXtXYz1EWWBASuE0nqE1WqXC7xAN-cDMMfQwMS-swHsZ_QTCCBYIkBNpTkTcQ/custom%20tab.png?psid=1