PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM v16 Web Interface

Wayne@cacpos
August 23rd, 2017, 12:45 PM
We recently upgraded to v16 and decided to try the web interface again which we had not used in a long time. We have run into the issue however were we are unable to get the web interface service to start. It is set to automatic delayed start and even when we try and manually force the service to start after a minute or so we get the following error:

Unable to Start Service
The operation could not be completed.
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I have already run CommitCRM and I even have tried this with CommitCRM running currently and I always get the same result. I am running as an admin currently with full privileges off the main server were CommitCRM is installed. I have already made sure ahead of time that I have the correct IP and I am using the default port which is not being used by anything else.

I am unsure of what else to check or try to make this run. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne

Support Team
August 23rd, 2017, 01:12 PM
Thank you for posting this and asking.

Please open the service properties in Windows Services list and see where the RangerMSPWebInterface.exe is installed from, e.g. its path. Verify that on the server this is a LOCAL path, unlike the network path to that file. In case it uses a network path - uninstall it and then reinstall the service from a local path on the server where it is installed. The service must run on the same machine that hosts RangerMSP using a local path.

Besides, once this is verified try to set the user the service runs under to a local administrator. It defaults to the Local System user tha under some configurations is not privileged enough to run it, so change it and try to start the service again.

Finally, in case the above does not help - zip the content of folder \RangerMSP\Logs and email this zipped file back to us so we will analyze it in our lab and hopefully be able to get to the bottom of this.

Hope this helps.