PDA

View Full Version : Web Interface Feature Request

novacomputersolutions
September 2nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
I would like to request that the next feature release of the Web Interface support using it from mobile devices like a Treo or, dare I say, iPhone?

danielp
September 2nd, 2008, 11:41 PM
I 2nd that request.

Support Team
September 3rd, 2008, 06:59 AM
Hi,

As you may know, you can usually use the Web interface from PDA's with Internet access which have the Opera web browser installed (available for download on Opera's web site, make sure you test it with your PDA). You may also be able to work with other browsers which are native to your PDA – we know that it works great with the latest Symbian (I personally use the Web Interface with the Symbian browser on the new Nokia E71, and it works slick). You should simply try it out and see how it works for you.

Working via your PDA allows you to remotely connect to the database and perform all the actions which are supported by the Web Interface - add and update Tickets and charges, view and update Account information, Appointments, Tasks, add and update Charges and Assets records and more. We are currently working on optimizing the Web Interface and making it even more suitable to PDAs in one of our next releases.

Sherry

stsanford
December 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Hey, any movement on a mobile-friendly web interface? I know that personally, it would go a HUGE distance towards making my support that much easier to document and bill...

g2computersolutions
December 16th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I think it would go a long way in making the entire application more appealing. As it stands, it's like working with two different tools when you deal with the web version.

Support Team
December 17th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
We are currently working on features for RangerMSP 5.3; however, we have not had the opportunity to address the Web Interface, since we've been assembling requested features which have higher priority (more votes).

We hope to have this request will be addressed in the near future versions; however, we do not have an estimation regarding when this will be ready.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Doron