PDA

View Full Version : Web interface feature request

Brian Kelley
October 19th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Could you please make it available to update the list of drop downs in categories in the web interface. I know that not everyone has access to edit the drop down list but these privileges could be synced from the database in the client version.

Support Team
October 20th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Hi Brian,

When updating the drop down lists (using the installed client), the new values are populated to the Web Interface and you should be able to use them. Any system level changes in field values may take some time to take effect in the Web Interface (this is because RangerMSP Web Interface uses a cache most of the time which is being updated automatically once in a while), so if you do not see the new values in the list, please restart RangerMSP Web Interface service and the changes will affect immediately.

Sherry

Brian Kelley
October 22nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Sherry,

Yes the web interface does have the changes to the installed client reflected. What I was asking for was the ablity to update the fields in the web interface. Many times I update CommitCRM at home using the Web interface. It would be nice to have the ability to upade things like the sorce of an account when I am entering it (Using the Web interface) rather then having to remember to update it the next day at the office.

Support Team
October 23rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
Hi Brian,

Adding new values to pull-down lists is indeed available only when using the installed client application. When using the Web Interface you can only select from the existing values list. We have been receiving requests to allow adding new values via the Web interface, and this is a good feedback. Thanks.

Sherry