PDA

View Full Version : customer User Names/Password documentation

lwilliams
November 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Greetings,

We'd like to hear how other CommitCRM users are tracking customer user names and passwords for each customer's multitude of user names (for Windows, various Applications, email accounts, ISP account, etc.etc.) and passwords. In life-before-Commit, we used an excel spreadsheet for each customer. Now we'd like to track this in CommitCRM for each customer.

We'd checked previously with Support on various options (see here for *more* details!) and of course welcome more ideas from Support as well :-) !

We need this information available for our Techs on location ideally via the Web Interface. Free-form typing on any of various Notes fields is not working well - there is too much information. Attaching a document, even when the ability to UPload documents from the Web Interface is added, does not sound good to us because of the likelihood of versioning issues. Our custom-added tabs and fields are not viewable on the Web Interface.

We're hoping other users can make some suggestions or provide your best practices.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lisa Williams
A-1 Tech Support

AN-Tech
November 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I'm also looking for some ideas on what current users find to be the best way to record this inCommitCRM.

racassel
December 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Are there any inherent problems using the AssetCode field under assets, for example we can put in
Asset type Asset Code

Router Administrator - XYZ~1235

This way, in the web interface you can pull up a client, scroll down to the assets tab and see all the passwords at a glance, and store more details about the asset in the notes section.

I would be sure to use SSL access only to the web interface, so no temp web files get left behind with confidential information.

racassel
December 29th, 2011, 10:58 AM
We are also looking into SecretServer - very affordable onsite or online, and they have integrated with ConnectWxxx and AutoTxxx as of todays writing. I have a ticket in with the developers regarding integration with CommitCRM and hopefully the two companies can spend an afternoon and provide some form of integration. It has PDA access, and would be really helpful to techs in the field.

Support Team
December 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
It sounds good and I do not see any problems with your suggestion. Keep in mind the the Asset code is globally unique. As for SecretServer I'm not very familiar with their implementation, naturally we will be happy to discuss the options with them.

Thanks,
Dina