PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM and Spiceworks

ON-LINE Computer Services
February 24th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I posted this on the Spiceworks Community Forum today so I thought I would repost it here as well.....

I am looking for feedback from anyone who is using both CommitCRM and Spiceworks in their IT business.

We discovered CommitCRM over a year ago and we have been blown away with the product and the support. It has changed the way we run our business. We now ticket, track, manage and run our IT business with this one product, and QuickBooks.

Last week, I discovered Spiceworks and I am simply amazed with the features and functionality. I am considering installing it on our customers networks as a management tool. However, before I actually install Spiceworks, I was hoping to hear from others who may have followed the same path.

I see huge successes with both products but I also see overlap and overcoming this overlap is my big goal.

By way of a couple of examples:

CommitCRM has a Web Interface for clients to enter help tickets, so does Spiceworks. I think I like the Spiceworks method, it may work a little better for the client. They can host it on their own server, manage the tickets better and have more of a self-service functionality…i.e.; printing, ticket status, etc, etc…

Asset tracking can also be done in both products as well as numerous other features, some of which as I mentioned are redundant.

The cool thing about CommitCRM is that it supports additions via XML formatted email. I can see having Spiceworks send an email ( XML added to the template) to CommitCRM and then CommitCRM would be up-to-date.

Anyway, if you have experience and would be willing to share your success and failures, I think this would be helpful to the community.

Cheers,

Chris

PS A gateway from one to the other would be awesome !!!!

psion13
October 6th, 2016, 11:13 AM
We also use CommitCRM and would like to see integration with Spiceworks.

Any ideas?

Support Team
October 6th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Thank you for posting this.

Although there is no two-way integration between RangerMSP and Spiceworks, it is possible to use Automated Emails feature of Email Connector to convert email alerts from Spiceworks into RangerMSP tickets.

For what it worth, a more direct integration module with RMM platforms is currently available for Continuum and GFI MAX.

Hope this helps.