RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 28th, 2014, 06:01 AM
skidmarx101

Hi,

I setup Outlook Sync for my Accounts/Contacts only to a new contacts folder in OUtlook. All my CommitCRM accounts and secondary contacts went over to Outlook. I made some changes to the contacts in Outlook, synced and the changes appearing in CommitCRM.

It worked for about three days now its broken. I've reconfigured CommitCRM and setup a new Outlook profile. All it does now is display "Syncronising" for a couple of seconds and doesn't count up the contacts, no errors are displayed.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro and Outlook 2013 with Exchange 2010. Any ideas?

Cheers,
James

March 28th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Support Team

When you say that it's broken now, after a few days of successful syncs - what is broken exactly? If I understand correctly, something isn't working with another new profile you created in order to solve the original issue, but what was the original problem?

March 28th, 2014, 06:17 AM
skidmarx101

It's stopped syncing, changes in CommitCRM don't sync to Outlook and vice versa.

March 28th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Support Team

Strange. Please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to email us your RangerMSP's log files with Outlook. We will review them and once we have anything, post back.

March 28th, 2014, 06:39 AM
skidmarx101

Log files have been sent, thanks.

I just setup sync to a new contacts folder in Outlook after launching CommitCRM as administrator, sync started to work and managed to transfer 62 contacts to Outlook, it should be more like 450+.

Cheers,
James

March 28th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Support Team

The number of records it counts is updates/changes/recent-records to review - and not all each time. The fact that it runs with Admin means that the root cause here is lack of privileges, and it's kinda make sense.

We have received the log files and will be sending them for analysis, though it seems like a privileges issue.

March 28th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Support Team

From the log files it seems that the problem is related to inability for the sync process to connect to the SQL backend (error 6420). This indeed may be related to insufficient privileges. In any case, the first thing to try is to configure and use an ADS.ini file. Please click here to learn more about it and configure one, then verify that RangerMSP client works well, only then proceed with testing the Outlook sync.

Hope this helps.

March 30th, 2014, 08:03 AM
skidmarx101

it seems okay now after setup of the ADS file as suggested. I'll post back after I've done some further testing this week.

Thanks,
James

March 31st, 2014, 08:20 AM
skidmarx101

The Outlook sync is working well after resolving the communication issues using the instructions you linked here

Many thanks.

March 31st, 2014, 08:48 AM
Support Team

Great, thanks for letting us know.