RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 11th, 2008, 10:45 PM
danielp

Tasks:
When marking task as complete in outlook (much quicker and easier than in commit) the update to CommitCRM just adds 'completed in outlook' to the task it doesnt actually close off and complete the task.

Recurring Appointments:
I know its been mentioned on the forum already but, outlook recurring appointments do not sync to CommitCRM. Need to remove from outlook and create in CommitCRM. (which is a pain because its easier to use outlook)
Adding a recurring appointment in CommitCRM adds an individual appointment for each occurance in outlook, which incurs its own problems: Can only add recurring up to 99 times & if you do add 99 for each recurring appointment it takes too long to sync (I made this mistake and had to sync about 2000 entries).
Adding support for outlook recurring appointments would be a huge step forward.

Appointment Colouring (Yes, I'm an Aussie so it's spelt right):
Colour coding of appointments done in CommitCRM does not transfer through to outlook calendar so all white in outlook. Would be good to have colours transfer through to outlook as it makes it easier to see whats what.

September 12th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Setting a task as done in RangerMSP involved additional work flow options, such as automatically adding a history note for this action, etc. This is why we recommend on performing this action explicitly inRangerMSP. Note that setting a task as completed in RangerMSP can be done in various ways, which usually involve a single click, so it's actually quite easy:
1. From the tasks list (in the Tasks tab under the Calendar window), you can select the task, right-click it and select the first option, which is "Done"
2. From the same list, you can click the Done button on the tool bar and easily update all relevant tasks
3. From the ticket, account or any other window, go to th Pending tab, select the task, and click the Done button at the bottom part of the tab, or right-click and select the Done option

As for recurring appointments, as you mentioned, this was discussed in various threads here and it is on our development queue to be handled in the future. I apologize in advance but beyond what was already said in other threads on this matter, I do not have any new information regarding this feature.

The appointment colors are part of the RangerMSP calendar, and in Outlook each employee may decide to use different color coding for their own needs. That said, I logged your comments and we may try to find a solution for this in the future. Thanks.

HTH

Ethan

November 7th, 2011, 09:40 AM
mhedtcke

I would like to see an option that if it is marked as completed in Outlook that CommitCRM closes the task as well.

November 7th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Support Team

An "Done in Outlook" indication is added to the Task in RangerMSP. We noted your feedback. However, it is not removed on purpose. When a Task is Done in RangerMSP the system may prompt you to log the activity under the Account/Ticket as an History Note automatically to keep a track of done tasks and any related notes. Simply removing the Task from RangerMSP might result in missing information. Also, many times you may want to convert a Done Task into a Charges record in RangerMSP. Seeing the "Done in Outlook" indication tells you that you can now convert it to a Charges and everything is copied automatically - the Ticket number, the customer Account, the description etc. Having it removed automatically might result in less billable time being captured...

November 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
AN-Tech

Has there been any change to how CommitCRM acts when a task is completed in Outlook? We really need it to mark the task as Done in CommitCRM when this happens otherwise the task list in CommitCRM will just keep growing.

November 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Support Team

Hi ascendnet, please see our reply just above your post. We mark it as "Done in Outlook" but do not Done it automatically in RangerMSP as it'll be completely removed without you having the chance to convert it into a Charge record and bill the customer, etc. So the indication is added but it's up to you (or anyone that does billing) to decide where to remove them from RangerMSP or convert them into a billable charge.

Your feedback is clear and I hope the above makes sense.

Thanks.