RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 8th, 2011, 08:04 PM
mgiles

When I print the quote report there are 2 lines of spaces between each detail line, how do I remove these spaces to reduce the number of pages in the report. I thought it might be the 'position length' but altering this has not fixed the problem

Wendy

December 9th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Support Team

Thanks Wendy. The extra space is on purpose to try and make the quote more readable/clean. In any case, you can customize your own format using the built-in report designer and when editing your customized report in the designer visit the "Lines" sub-report (a tab at the lower section of the designer) and edit it to reflect your requirement. Go back to the main report tab and save.

You can also set your customized report to be the default from Tools > Options > Quotes tab.

I hope this helps.
Dina

December 11th, 2011, 07:48 PM
mgiles

thank-you, that has worked perfectly

December 11th, 2011, 09:06 PM
mgiles

When doing a quote is there any way of entering a textual line with a quantity and amount. There are thousands of hardware items that we quote for and their prices change all the time we don't want to add them as individual items.

December 12th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Support Team

You do not necessary need to create a separate item for every part/product you can simply add a general Product item, called "Hardware" (for example), even without a price.
When creating a Quote select this item and add appropriate description, quantity and price.

December 13th, 2011, 04:28 PM
KTSTECH

So far I am loving the new quoting module in Commit, but I need to be able to create an "admin" page that the customer does not see that shows our list price and the markup and the overall gross profit. What is the easiest way to create or add this to an existing quote form?

December 14th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Support Team

In the quote form the customer does not see the markup, but rather a calculated price per unit after markup. This protects you from uncomfortable situations with your customers.

Customers do see discounts and the prices before the discount.

The following may help you, as en employee user, see some additional information the customers do no see. You can add 2 additional columns to the Quotes main window as well as under the Quotes tab of Account:

(1) "Total - Internal - before discounts and markups"
(2) Total - after discounts and markups"

To add columns - right click above the list/table of Quotes and from the menu that is displayed select: 'Table Options' > 'Add/Remove columns'...

You can also add these fields to the Quote form by customizing report, however, you need to be careful not to send such a form to the customer or allow the customer to print it over the Web... (so don't make it your default format).

I hope this helps.
Dina

December 14th, 2011, 09:33 AM
KTSTECH

I will give that a try. Thank you so much!