RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 2nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
FunctionOne

Hey Zenith and CommitCRM Users,

I wanted to share an update I found on the Zenith forums recently that may hopefully prove useful if the CommitCRM team sees enough interest in this.

Basically - Zenith is in the final process of completing an open API that would finally allow other companies - beyond their current sole partnership with ConnectWise - to integrate their PSA tools with Zenith.

Quote from forums:
We are at the final stages of completing an Open API that we will give to any PSA vendor to integrate with Zenith. Our expectation is to complete the API by mid-January and provide it to the different vendors.

This is excellent news and I'm hopeful the CommitCRM team might be able to take advantage of this fact and solidify their position as an excellent alternative to ConnectWise.

Zenith users - comment here and let us know if this would be useful for you!

January 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
wtbservices

Wow, that would be great, I'm all for it.

January 5th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Support Team

Thanks FunctionOne for the interesting info regarding Zenith. This is indeed great news and I'm happy Zenith are taking this step and opening their interface more. We are always looking for ways to improve RangerMSP and providing deeper integration with more MSP systems is definitely one of them.

That said, I am not sure their API is officially released yet, nor do I know much more about the technical aspects of it. In any case, I'm sure we will be looking at it once it's officially released.

Thanks for letting us know, and I can tell you that your feedback raises the priority for this integration.

Sherry

January 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM
FunctionOne

Hi Sherry,

I'm glad to hear there is interest on Commit's end. You're right - as per my post - their API won't be available until mid-January. I was simply making folks aware in advance :)

Cheers,

Joe-

January 8th, 2009, 12:27 AM
glonet

I'm also very interested in an integration between CommitCRM and Zenith, we are considering starting with Zenith for our MSP platform.
After testing several tools such as Kaseya, n-able, ManageEngine MSP and HoundDog I think that Zenith has the best options for us.
Does anyone has experience with any of these and could recommend one?

January 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
wtbservices

This is a link to an earlier discussion about the subject where I go into the pros/cons about Zenith. This thread

Zenith just sent out an email announcing a new scripting engine, if it does everything that they claim it will we will be quite happy.

January 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
dkawnik

I have no doubt that should the opportunity exist for CommitCRM to improve the product by taking advantage of API from Zenith they will do so. We use Zenith and find it a decent product and because of the high volume of alerts would find it useful to have some integration right into CommitCRM to avoid manual creation of tickets for Zenith alerts we actually do need to address and want our client to be aware of as something we dealt with proactively on their behalf.

January 10th, 2009, 03:25 PM
FunctionOne

Agreed WTB - if the new scripting system takes off Zenith will have extended their product substantially and set us up to really tear past the competition. It's already miles beyond the other products Glonet mentions - though it has come short in some areas such as desktop and SNMP. Hopefully - expanded SNMP will be next.

That and CommitCRM integration ;)

January 11th, 2009, 02:43 PM
cforger

Do we have a poll of who's using what MSP solution? I saw a post about this a while ago, but nothing really substantial.

I was looking into BigFix, but I'm now seriously considering Zenith due to the ability for me to contract my low-end work off to them. I'm tired of managing basic network techs in the office.

I'm liking CommitCRM quite a bit, and would rather work with whatever gets the most support from CommitCRM for integration.

Years ago I wrote my own application that pretty much ran the business - over time it was just too costly to maintain, and I yearn for the day when my computer is doing all the drudgery again, and i can focus on customer solution sales.

January 11th, 2009, 08:47 PM
wtbservices

Double check with Zenith on passing off low end work to them. They recently sent us out a notice that in the future they would only be taking on requests that were generated in response to an alert.

January 11th, 2009, 11:30 PM
FunctionOne

Zenith no longer does project work. But if you mean 'pass off your work' in the sense that you want to utilize their Service Desk to play your frontline desktop support - that is a possibility.

January 16th, 2009, 02:32 PM
cforger

I see they have a different service offering. They respond to alerts only on the bottom two packages, and the top package ($40/mo/server) they will do tasks like deploy SP3 on your XP stations, install Office 2007, etc. The also offer a front-line help desk that is US based.

Kaseya also has a staffed NOC that can do work for you.

I'm currently testing Zenith, Kaseya, and BigFix Enterprise for my MSP offerings. I'll be writing up my findings on my blog here if you want to follow on what's being offered these days.

http://christopher-technicalmusings.blogspot.com/

January 19th, 2009, 08:50 AM
FunctionOne

Hey Chris-

Definitely worth doing the due-diligence - but from one MSP to another - I and my peers here have gone through every system available. Kaseya, N-Able, LanDesk, Zenith, you name it. And we all agree that while it does have room for improvement - cost/benefit ratio with Zenith is far beyond the other competitors right now.

If you're wanting more information about the product or to ask questions - feel free to hit me up offline - I'm even happy to take a call.

Joe-

January 23rd, 2009, 01:44 AM
G2tech

I'd love to see integration with Zenith happen asap. I agree they are probably the best MSP out there today. Integration with them would be just too good to be true. :)

February 6th, 2009, 03:14 PM
vsouthmayd

Functionone/Joe,

Has Zenith introduced the API to your knowledge. We just signed up with Zenith to Eval their MSP solution, but I have been unable to find any documentation on the API.

Vernon Southmayd
Creative Computing, Inc.
http://twitter.com/VernonSouthmayd

February 8th, 2009, 01:54 PM
FunctionOne

Hi Vernon,

I've not head any updates regarding opening up their API. Let me inquire on the forums.

April 7th, 2009, 07:16 PM
FunctionOne

I have received confirmation that Zenith has finally made their API available to AutoTask. It would go to follow that CommitCRM could quite possibly get access to the API as well now that it has finally gone beyond their exclusive partnership with ConnectWise.

Time to ask for that API CommitCRM :)

August 10th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Support Team

Quick update from the RangerMSP Team:

RangerMSP 5.6 with the RangerMSP-Zenith Link module has been released!

>> Read more about Continuum (Zenith) Link.
>> Read more about this release here.