RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 1st, 2009, 03:42 PM
plevako

I did everything told in manuals, faq's and in forum posts but still my QSysEDOutbox dir is empty.
I configured users to receive all kind of alerts, configured the server, restarted everything for several times, made tickets from different users for different managers and still no messages.
What's so wrong with me or CommitCRM 'cos i never thought it's so difficult to configure such a simple thing?!

September 1st, 2009, 04:01 PM
Support Team

Hi plevako,

Configuring the alerts is indeed usually quite simple, and I'm sure this is just some small setup thing which needs to be fixed. It sounds like you tested this properly, and we will just need to have a look at your settings and try to figure out what went wrong. The easiest way for us to learn more about this is to by reviewing the RangerMSP log files and checking what exactly happens there. Please send the logs to Support (from the Help > Technical Support menu in the application), and we will look into the configuration and settings to learn more.

Cheers,
Sheli

September 9th, 2009, 03:21 PM
plevako

I'm sorry for a delay. When trying to do what you said my thunderbird "new message" window opens with NO attachments at all. So i just put relevant files here http://spigl.ru/logs.rar

September 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Support Team

Hi,

After analyzing the logs we suspect this is a local licensing or version issue... In order to continue investigating this behavior, I'm going to need some info regarding your software version & licenses.

Can you please make a screenshot of the Help menu > About window.
This screenshot will provide for us your version number and active licenses list.
When you have the screenshot, please email it to us directly at Support @.
I'll be able to provide much more comprehensible information once I have the screenshot.

Many thanks in advance,

Reno

October 2nd, 2009, 09:13 AM
nattivillin

I cannot get CommitCRM to send out any alert emails. Does it only work with the email connector?

October 2nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Support Team

Hi,

In order to send out automatic alerts to your employees in RangerMSP, you will only require the RangerMSP Alerts Server module. Also, you should make sure you a configure the automatic alerts for each employee.

Also, please make sure that the RangerMSP Server Service is running on the RangerMSP server.

For more information on using the Alert Server, please click here.
You may also find helpful advice in the troubleshooting section here.

Reno Breen

October 2nd, 2009, 11:05 AM
nattivillin

i dont see the CommitServer Windows service in the list, does it have to be installed?

October 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Support Team

Yes, this service has to be installed. You can find the setup and installation instructions for the Alerts Server here, this includes the service installation procedure.

Let me know how it goes.

Reno

October 2nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
nattivillin

I installed the service, and set the smtp settings. I do not receive any of the test emails. There is nothing in the QSysEDOutbox folder.

October 2nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Support Team

Have you gone through the Troubleshooting as well? In many cases it's just something in the settings or in the way you run the test which makes the difference. You need to make sure you test this with a user who is not your own user (you will not receive alerts for changed you perform on your own).

October 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
nattivillin

I took another shot at the email alerts. I did receive the tests messages. I then had another user create a ticket and assign it to me. I didn't get the email alert. I checked the logs and did not see where it was sent or had an error. There are no messages in the server outbox. I have my profile set to receive alerts when a ticket is assigned or an account i manage it changed. My email address is correct. Did i miss anything?

October 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Support Team

Hi,

The RangerMSPServer installer does not activate the service.
Did you remember to start it?
Please verify this.

Reno Breen

October 8th, 2009, 09:43 AM
nattivillin

Commitserver is running.

October 9th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Can you send us the log files again?
You can find them in the Help menu > About
we should be able to see where the Alert Server is getting stopped at.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reno Breen

October 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Support Team

just a quick update - after analyzing the logs, found that this is a licensing issue.

November 2nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
nattivillin

How do you read the sent email logs? One employee gets the alerts but not another.

November 2nd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Support Team

Hi,

RangerMSP uses multiple log files and when needed it's usually best to allow us to perform the analysis. Specifically in this case, I believe that this issue would not be displayed in the log files, and would rather try troubleshooting it first.

When using the Alerts Server, The alerts settings need to be configured per employee. For each employee that receives the alerts, you need to log into the RangerMSP system, and go to Tools Menu > Options > Alerts Tab (Click the tab scroller on the right side of the tabs) > Set the employees’ alert preferences.

You can find more details about this in the Alerts Server user guide here.

Let us know if this helps.

Reno Breen

November 2nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
nattivillin

We set the alerts up already. We set it the same as the other employees alerts. I need to see if the system is sending out the messages, or are they not arriving at his mailbox (blocked by isp or something)

November 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
nattivillin

How can we find out why the alert messages are not reaching the recipient?

Which log stores the outgoing messages.

We're having the same problem as 2 weeks ago.

November 13th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Support Team

Hi nattivillin,

we'll be happy to help you with troubleshooting this. The Alerts Server logs are very technical and require a technical rep here to go over them. Please send us the log files from the Help > Technical Support menu, and we will check them out and get back to you.

Thanks,
Sheli

November 13th, 2009, 12:38 PM
nattivillin

Think we figured it out. Each employee has to turn on their own alerts. We couldn't do it
as admin. Is there a way to turn it on w/o each employee needing to log into the system and do it?

Most of our guys use the web interface, and to log in directly takes a trip across town.

November 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for the update. We're glad it works.

The best way for you to enable your employees alerts is to log in with their credentials, and set the alert settings yourself. This will allow you to verify that the correct settings were inputted for each user.

Hope this helps.

Sheli

February 24th, 2011, 03:02 PM
nattivillin

I know this is an old threat but i have an additional comment on the alert server.

The Admins (owners, managers, bosses) should be able to manage the alerts on a global basis. having to log in as each employee to turn things on or off is a pain in the @55.

Most of our employees are web only, so when someone is out, vacation, etc, we have to log out, get their password from them, log in as them, make the changes, log out, log back in as me, and then repeat that for another user.

Such a time waster / consumer.

February 25th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Support Team

The Email Alerts settings are indeed personal and each employee should configure their own settings and need to select on which events they want to receive alerts. Once set the system keeps this setting so normally this is not something that is modified on a daily basis. I can see the point in what you're saying where in your case most employees use the Web interface only. Thanks.

Regards,
Dina