RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 21st, 2014, 09:47 AM
dunntm87

I have had a continuing problem with the CommitCRM Web Interface after upgrading to the 6.0 software. Daily usually multiple times the web interface will time out when trying to load tickets. When the timeout happens I am still able to view accounts and assets but if I try and load any ticket it will not. Furthermore if I go back into the ticket in which I was working prior to it timing out the action that I was trying to complete does complete. For example if I was saving text or uploading a document and it times out when I go back into the ticket the text is saved or the document has been uploaded. I am able to correct the issue and get it back up and running by restarting the commit services but sometimes I have to do that multiple times a day. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

January 21st, 2014, 10:50 AM
Support Team

The session timeout period is adjustable and you configure it to be longer. To do so edit the following file in Notepad:

\RangerMSP\RangerMSPWebInterface.ini

Search for the token:
TimeOutAmount=60

And change 60 to any number of MINUTES that you want the session to remain active without it being timed out.

Save the file and restart RangerMSP Web Interface service on your server.

Done!

Side note:
The higher the timeout value is the higher the risk. For example, if you leave a session open at a customer site - you currently know that it will time out in 60 minutes at the most, however if you see it to a longer time the session might remain open at the customer and accessible...

January 21st, 2014, 12:18 PM
dunntm87

My issue is not that commit is timing out due to being afk. Its that it locks up and I have to restart the web interface portion of Commit due to being unable to load tickets. However on a side note I am able to use the CRM software to load tickets without hesitation.

Thanks,

January 21st, 2014, 12:52 PM
Support Team

We suspect that the data that you can continue to see is served from a local cache of the browser and that the session has timed out. In any case, we will be happy to review your RangerMSP's log files. Please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP and Outlook to email us your log files for analysis.

January 22nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
dunntm87

Thank you for the prompt support. I have emailed the requested logs.

Thanks,

January 22nd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Support Team

Thanks. Log files received and have been sent for analysis.