RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 20th, 2008, 09:59 AM
AN-Tech

We service both business and residential customers. Is there a way to get the account list to sort first by company, then by Contact?

Currently if I sort by company the residentials are not sorted by anything useful. And if I sort by contact then the companies are all mixed. If I can sort by company, then contact everything would be in a useful alphabetical list.

October 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Support Team

Yes, it is possible to sort the Account list first by Company and then by Contact so you'll have it organized the way you need.

When viewing the Account Window click the 'Filter' check box on the toolbar, then click on the 'Filter...' button. A window will open where you can define advanced filter criteria and sorting options. You can leave the filtering fields blank and just select at the bottom of the window the two fields you want to combine for sorting - 'Company name', 'Contact: First & Last Name' or the other way around 'Contact: First & Last Name', 'Company name'. Click OK and the Account list will be sorted just like you wanted it to.

Neta

October 20th, 2008, 11:37 AM
AN-Tech

That's exactly how we would like it to look. How can I get it to keep the list displayed this way so we don't have to redo this each time we openCommitCRM?

October 20th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Support Team

Sure, what you can do is save this filter (in the filter window, give the filter a name and click the save icon) and select this filter. Then, from the Windows menu, save the current windows configuration for next logins. Next time you will login to the system, the same windows with the same filters will be opened for you automatically.

HTH

Neta

October 20th, 2008, 12:00 PM
AN-Tech

Great that worked perfectly.

Thanks