RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 27th, 2008, 09:09 AM
sapsford

hi all

in quickbooks i select an item in the "type" field for each customer

then i can use this field to report on the sales of different types of customers

eg

home users (type A)
small businesses (type B)
medium businesses (type C)

i need to track the time i spend on these 3 categories in the CommitCRM reports

i can track the time for all customers but need to break it down into 3 reports each month

i would like the "type" field in quickbooks to copy to a corresponding field in CommitCRM to save double entries

any idea how i can achieve this?

Steve

October 27th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Support Team

Hi,

RangerMSP keeps a dedicated "Account Type" field for your initial account categories. For additional categorization you can manage an additional account type field in RangerMSP using one of the user-defined fields (e.g. Field1, Field2, etc.). Since this information is not transferred automatically from QuickBooks to RangerMSP, you will need to set it manually for each account.

Note that once you have the type set properly in RangerMSP, you can filter different reports, such as tickets reports or charge reports, by these categories.

To achieve that, from the report generation window, click the "Expand >>>" button, and go to the Secondary Filter tab. Here you can filter the results by defining filters for the accounts which are linked to the charge/ticket/etc.

This way you can choose to generate the he report only for accounts which belong to certain categories, according to your customized "type" field.

The Secondary Filter tab can help you generate very useful reports, and filter your results by any linked entities. I encourage you to try it.

Ethan