No announcement yet.

Anyone get SSL working in CommitCRM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Anyone get SSL working in CommitCRM?

i have generated self signed certificates for my web servers over the years. i have emailed support and they directed me to the documentation they have online, and mentioned that a standard ssl certificate should work. Because i don't want to have to setup the certificate for each of my web users computers i purchased a certificate from a CA...

of course the CA wants me to provide a certificate signing request (CSR) file. i am unaware of a way that CommitCRM can do this so this is why i am asking if anyone else has made CommitCRM ssl work with a recognized Certifiate Authority.

thanks
    tsean perkins

Re: Anyone get SSL working in CommitCRM?

See here

Have you checked there?

Let me know what you end up doing to get it working. This is something I need to do this month!

Luke

Comment

Those are the instructions that we used and had no issues in getting it setup.

Ed

Comment

Ok, so how do you create the CSR for the certificate issuing authority? (In my case, godaddy)

I can find no way to create the csr...

Comment

Re: Anyone get SSL working in RangerMSP?

Hi Luke,

Thanks for posting this.

As I mentioned in our email:

You should search the Internet and find the info on how to generate CSR and a matching private key for your business. Then you should issue the CSR to your Certificate Authority in order to create the certificate.

Once the certificate has been created, you need to go through the steps in the SSL Manual, in order to import it into RangerMSP. Note that there is a very helpful troubleshooter in chapter 6 of the linked page.

Hope this helps.

Reno Breen

Comment

Ok, here are complete instructions on how to do it:

here

--Luke

Comment

Working...
            X