RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
AN-Tech

Is there a way to make certain fields in CommitCRM required? We are running into problems where someone forgets to add the tax to an account. Then the tech goes onsite prints out the paperwork and doesn’t notice that it is missing the tax and the customer pays based off of that. While I know that everyone should be watching for these kinds of things, it seems like a better idea would be for us to make that a required field so it couldn’t be accidentally missed when setting up the account.

Thanks in advance

February 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
lpopejoy

Don't you define the customer as taxable in their Account? ...Or is that what you are talking about?

February 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
AN-Tech

Thats what I am talking about. We typically add the clients tax rate to the Tax1 field, sometimes it gets missed though. I am hoping there is a way to force a field to be required when creating a new account.

February 17th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Support Team

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting this.
The RangerMSP system does not support selective mandatory fields; however, in this case regarding the tax fields, you can select default tax codes to be applied to all new accounts and items created from this point on.

The default values for taxes can be selected in the Tools > Options window.

Default taxes for accounts - Accounts Tab
Default taxes for items - Charges & Contracts Tab

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Neta

February 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
AN-Tech

Well having the ability to force someone to fill in the field correctly would be nice. Might be something to consider for the future if it isn't too difficult. In the meantime I think I will just set the default to something like 1000% tax rate. I think someone will notice that when signing off on the total charge.

February 18th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Support Team

Hi Ascendnet,

That's a great idea; i'll also mark this forum thread for review by our product management team.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Neta