RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 20th, 2011, 08:02 PM
raymond

I want to re-assign an employee account from an old employee to a new one. The problem is when I do that, all items get re-associated to the new employee... this can't happen! we need to keep track of work performed accordingly (when we reference old tickets/charges, we need to know who actually did the work). How do we reuse the license yet retain the old record information?

thanks!

//ray

April 21st, 2011, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Hi Ray,

Open the Employees window, navigate to the Employee record that no longer works with you, click the 'Employee' tab and set the Employee record to 'Not-Active'. This frees the employee license and allows you to set another employee record to Active (i.e. reuse the license) while keep all history related to the former employee intact.

Thanks,
Dina

April 21st, 2011, 11:05 AM
raymond

I thought there would be a way...

is this process permenant? if I discover that we need to tweak something that requires the deactivated user account to be active (or say the come back to work), can I temporarily make the account active again (assuming I have licenses)?

thanks --

//ray

April 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
Support Team

Yes! Sure. You can re-activate the employee at any time.

Thanks,
Dina

April 21st, 2011, 01:36 PM
raymond

when I go to "make inactive", I get the warning:

"This employee is also configured as a user. Changing his/her status will cancel the user.
Continue changing to inactive"

the word "cancel" make things sound quite permanent... I just don't want things to get deleted. Are we still OK to inactivate? If so, I would suggest changing the word "cancel" to "deactivate".

thanks --

//ray

April 21st, 2011, 01:42 PM
Support Team

Thanks for your feedback. Nothing related to this employee will be deleted. It means that if the employee will need access to the system in the future you'll need to configure their user again.

HTH,
Dina