Xero Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Xero Plugin?

Hi Guys,

Does CommitCRM have any plan to integrate Xero in to their product? (www.xero.com). If not, has anyone else? Otherwise I'll get cracking... :D

Re: Xero Plugin?

Hi Hayden, so far we have only received a few requests to integrate with this accounting package and therefore we're do not officially integrate with it. However, consider using our open APIs to integrate with it. Maybe others that use Xero will be willing to pay for such a plug-in.

Thanks,
    Dina

Comment

Exactly what I'm going to do. Just noticed 5.6's API... Interesting :)

Comment

Perfect. Please contact us directly so we can provide you with the new libraries etc.

Thanks,
        Dina

Comment

Hi Hayden,

We would be interested, but have no development skills in-house. LOVE using Xero, and our existing method of invoicing from CommitCRM works fine, but integration is likely to be better.

Comment

I'm just trying to get the library offCommitCRM. Depending what the requirements are I was going to start development right away because I need this. Maybe i should create a mailing list.

I've actually created a test app for Xero using the Xero OAuth api and it works fine. So half of the work is already done.

Comment

Hello Hayden...I am interested to see how far you developed the linkage to Xero. I'm not an API scripting wizz but we do see a useful need to link to Xero.

Regards Neil

Comment

I've got no further due to having other projects on. I'll revisit that towards the end of the month.

Comment

Hayden

Have you gotten any further with s working Xero integration process?

Comment

Hi,
                    wonder if anyone made further progress with this? I like CommitCRM but the lack of integration with something decent for invoicing is causing us headaches. Now that CommitCRM has quoting integrated it really would be ideal to be able to "send to Xero" for invoicing purposes.

Comment

Thank you for asking, the below is mainly copied from our reply to your email :

It is possible that someone used RangerMSP's API to integrate with Xero. Whether we will develop such an integratino module - we're not sure. The majority of our users (and of potential ones) currently use QuickBooks and this is why a robust integration with QuickBooks is supported, in case Xero will become more popular among our user base we will definite consider it.

For what it worth, RangerMSP API is very easy to use. It should be easy to develop such an integration using the RangerMSP APIs, and the APIs offered by Xero.

Thanks.

Comment

Just adding my vote for Xero integration.

Comment

We are also interested dumping Quickbooks for Xero..

Comment

We are probably dumping quickbooks for xero. We outgrew QB years ago, but couldn't find anything better.

Xero will work with all our locations.

+1 for a xero integration

But in the meantime, who wants to put some money together to get someone to build this?

Comment

In our case, and I would expect other companies as well, our choice of accounting package is dictated by our CRM tool, they are not independent choices. So yes the majority of your customers use Quickbooks, because that is what you support! I'm afraid to even upgrade my Quickbooks! I would love to move to Xero if I could. but the integration of the CRM with the accounting side is key to our business.

For what its worth a tiny investment in Xero integration would return the investment many many times over in this part of the world anyway (AUS/NZ).

Comment

Working...
                              X