RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 2nd, 2012, 05:17 AM
pops1000uk

One of my customers AUTO RESPONDERS as opened 200 tickets on my system, deleting them one by one is pain staking,. How do i get rid of them one by one, they all have unique ticket numbers. ?

April 2nd, 2012, 06:35 AM
Support Team

As you may know already there is no mass delete option for Tickets. For each Ticket the system checks related objects and verified data integrity, so each Ticket has to be manually deleted. Unfortunately there isn't any way around it.

April 2nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
pops1000uk

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

April 3rd, 2012, 01:23 PM
AN-Tech

I'm sure a lot of us have run into a situation were we needed to delete a large amount of tickets. It might be worth a feature at some point where we could select to delete a batch, it would show a list of all or filtered tickets that we could select from. Then when executed it could go through and one by one perform the function that we have to manually do. Could just make the selection screen look like the new batch invoicing feature.

While it might still take a long time for the process to complete it would still be preferable to having to do it manually.

April 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
lpopejoy

Yeah, like removing tickets from the "inbox" after Labtech does patching one night? ...that's about 15 minutes of clicking for me. (Ok, maybe not that long, but it seems like it)

April 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM
pops1000uk

took 3 hours :-(

April 16th, 2012, 05:17 PM
hayden

If you use anything like N-Able, or another RSM, you will get spammed often.... we just close them, much faster, but uses more space.

Mass delete option is needed...

April 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
dytechs

Thanks to some updates with Labtech our system now has over 1,000 tickets populating and the number is climbing. If there is no mass deletion is there a way to mass close? Having to do this manually is going to be painful and slow...

April 17th, 2012, 11:49 AM
lpopejoy

What about if you would close from Labtech? You can do a mass close from there, I believe(?). ...and then that should sync back toCommitCRM.

April 17th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Support Team

Tickets can be completed using the RangerMSP API (which LabTech uses). So in can the LT integration syncs Ticket completion it may indeed work.

April 18th, 2012, 09:10 AM
g2computersolutions

I ran into this problem once and found a macro recorder to do the job. I filtered to get a list of the tickets that needed to be deleted then ran the macro to remove them all. It took about 30 minutes all together to remove hundreds of tickets.

May 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM
KTSTECH

We are in the process of launching Labtech within the next month and frankly, the previous posts concern me. CommitCRM needs the Batch deletion ability even without using Labtech, so please tell me that this is an issue that can be addressed quickly and fixed in the next update. CommitCRM allows for Batch copying and Batch completing of the Contracts, so it seems to me that it shouldn't be that difficult to incorporate this into the ticket module as well.

May 17th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Support Team

I don't know how hard it will be to implement but I tend to agree with you that it should not be as complex as with the batch contracts that you mentioned. We're getting closer to a Beta release of our next version and therefore additional options, like this one, will only be considered another version. Thank you for asking.

May 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
lpopejoy

CommitCRM I know you want to kill me for bringing this up again... but if the API had the option to set whether or not something would show in the inbox, this would be a hard app to address with the API. Unfortunately, as it stands, it would be impossible to automate this via API due to not being able to set the "inbox" flag. Any way that could change?

Of course, the other option would be a read and WRITE ODBC connection... :)

May 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
AN-Tech

In my opinion this shouldn't be something that we need to write a program to do. I'm not a programmer and don't staff any. This should be just be integrated into CommitCRM they way I describe above.

May 18th, 2012, 01:53 PM
lpopejoy

Not debating that really... I just finished removing 150 completed tickets from my "inbox." Just saying there WOULD be workarounds if the API allowed it. As it stands, the only workaround is WORK. :) Anyway, hopefully something will come down the pipe with 5.9.

May 21st, 2012, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Thanks guys for the additional input.

August 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
clickcomputers

Well- another GREAT thing from the developers- multiple delete of tickets is NOW AVAILABLE on version 6.2

things are starting to be SO much easier and faster. great job guys !

August 17th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Support Team

Thanks. Yes, the new batch remove from Inbox is a real life saver, especially when it got filled with tons of tickets resulting from alerts...

December 2nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
cybersite

This is batch remove from inbox?

It doesn't actually delete the tickets though?

December 3rd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Support Team

That's right, it removes them from the Inbox but does not delete them.

December 3rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
raymond

We are slowly starting to play with having automated systems connect to CommitCRM for ticketing -- our first experience into this area was with our cloud based email security systems. Yesterday I had to delete/close about 40 tickets because something happened with email archiving connectors. Working through that process of working with all these tickets (updating status, due dates, resolutions and closing them) made us realize that there is no way we are ever going to connect our RMM (Continuum) and other monitoring tools to CommitCRM until we have a way to process multiple items at the same time.

In short, we should be able to multi-select items (tickets, charges, etc.) using the standard shift and control keys to make edits and modifications. When we say modify, we should be able to close, delete, mark as billable, mark as billed, update the manager, set due dates, set priorities, set the resolution, etc. and as ascendnet said, we should not have to API this stuff -- it should be a simple process inside the application!

Commit, we have a lot of people requesting this... help!!

//ray

BTW, really looking forward to the next update -- hoping we get more user fields and project functionality!

December 3rd, 2013, 06:45 PM
cybersite

Coming from ConnectWise, I find this extremely annoying, as we at times will get emails sent from automated systems and these things can spit out emails every 15 minutes, as such can get a pretty heavy load if it happens out of hours.

Removing them one by one is a Nightmare, and mass inbox clearing is not the correct result, as we don't want/need these emails kept in anyway one email will suffice for the job.

Could CommitCRM not have a checkbox at the begining of each line, which when can then check off. Then a button above to apply Bulk Action (this is the way wordpress does it)

After hitting bulk action we could select delete, then choose the delete options then apply, from there CommitCRM could just apply a batch job. This same methodology could be used to apply other functions to tickets also.

Otherwise is there a way we can attack this problem via the API if CommitCRM is not looking to implement a solution.

December 4th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Support Team

Thanks guys, feedback noted. As you know you can already batch-remove from Inbox, anyway, we will evaluate the options to allow running other batch actions.

December 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM
raymond

So yesterday, something happened with how messages were routed in CommitCRM and we ended up with about 500 tickets that needed to be deleted. It took two people over an hour to remove (delete) these tickets from CommitCRM. This is absolutely stupid and a colossal waste of time. We need a way to work with tickets and charges in a multi-select mode. We should not need to know how to work with the API to do simple and basic tasks.

For Tickets: delete, close, change status/status extension, change type, change manager, set due dates, set priority, and modify the contract.

For Charges: change billable status, mark as billed/unbilled, update the quickbooks invoice number, change employee, and anything else that doesn't change the charges.

//ray

December 5th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Support Team

We understand the issue and will consider all the possibilities for improving the situation. Thanks again for the feedback.

July 8th, 2014, 10:10 AM
raymond

Had another issue and we ended up with another 500 tickets that I now need to manually delete... each... and... every... one... of... them...

It's ridiculous that we don't have a way to mass delete tickets like this. Absolutely ridiculous.

//ray

October 22nd, 2014, 07:55 AM
LawsonTech

Hello All,

tl;dr
Feeling like this?

This VBScript selects each ticket listed in the ticket window and does the delete operation on each ticket the number of times you stipulate in For count = 0 to 20

I thought I would share a vbscript I put together that I use to remove multiple tickets "automatically" using vbscripts sendkeys function.

I'm kind of hoping I just did this for fun and that there is actually a option to do this by now, if not, hopefully the CommitCRM devs can make this a maintenance task in future releases.

Due to the devs leaving the ALT menu item out for the Tickets menu (ALT+T opens tools) I had to use the arrow keys to select the Tickets menu.

Copy and paste the below bold text (between [code][/code] but not including) into your favourite code editor and save it with the .vbs extension.

Please be careful with this script and backup CommitCRM before you start, the last thing I want is for someone to delete the last weeks billable hours. It will also tie up one of your machines while processing.

It takes a little bit of setup but once it starts you can just leave it to run on that computer and be more productive with your time.

If this helps you save a few hours of your life, then you are most welcome. If it deletes your C:\Windows directory and sets Internet Explorer as your default browser then the usual disclaimers apply.

[code]
'VBScript SendKeys, Use with Caution, save code at MassDeleteTickets.vbs
'Setup
'Close all CommitCRM workspaces and open the tickets window
'Create a filter for your tickets that matches ONLY the tickets you want to delete
'Click the first ticket in the filtered list and
'Run the vbscript below to begin the "automatic" deletion of tickets in the filter
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject
("WScript.Shell")

'Set the number of times you want to loop the deletion by changing the below
For count = 0 to 20

'Activate the CommitCRM window
WshShell.AppActivate "CommitCRM"
'Wait time between each operation, change to suit the speed that your CommitCRM responds, use find/replace to change all wait times simultaneously
WScript.Sleep 750
'Make the CommitCRM menus active by pressing the ALT key
WshShell.SendKeys "%"
'Move to the "Ticket" window by using the right arrow button
WshShell.SendKeys "{RIGHT}"
WScript.Sleep 750
WScript.Sleep 750
WScript.Sleep 750
WScript.Sleep 750
'Open the Ticket menu
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
WScript.Sleep 750
'Select the Delete window option
WshShell.SendKeys "D"
WScript.Sleep 750
'Tick all boxes related to the Ticket,
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
WScript.Sleep 750
WshShell.SendKeys " "
WScript.Sleep 750
WScript.Sleep 750
WshShell.SendKeys " "
WScript.Sleep 750
WScript.Sleep 750
WshShell.SendKeys " "
.Sleep 750
WScript.Sleep 750
WshShell.SendKeys " "
WScript.Sleep 750
'Finish selecting the boxes and press Enter to complete operation
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
Next
'Close script
Set WshShell = Nothing

wscript.quit
[/code]

October 22nd, 2014, 08:01 AM
lpopejoy

This is historical. I just wrote something like this with AutoIT.
Yes, we needed it too.

:)

October 22nd, 2014, 08:07 AM
LawsonTech

I have only just started using the email connector and ran into the problem over the weekend with a device spitting out email notifications to the support queue instead of monitoring.

Is it too much to ask for you to post your autoit solution as well lpopejoy?

October 22nd, 2014, 08:12 AM
LawsonTech

Annnd heres the proper solution
Tickets > Tools > Batch Remove Tickets from Inbox

I have yet to try this though.

October 22nd, 2014, 08:15 AM
lpopejoy

Change the "UNTIL" integer to the # of times you want to run this.

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!! FILTER THE TICKET LIST TO ONLY THE TICKETS YOU WANT TO DELETE FIRST.

MAKE A BACKUP.

DON'T EMAIL ME IF YOU MESS UP SOMETHING. :)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
WinSetState("CommitCRM 8.0 SQL","CommitCRM 8.0 SQL",@SW_MAXIMIZE)

local $Commit = WinActivate("CommitCRM 8.0 SQL")
sleep(700)

;If WinActive("CommitCRM 6.0 SQL") Then
If $Commit <> 0 Then

local $i=0
Do
Remove()
$i=$i+1
Until $i=13

Else
MsgBox(48,"errror","CommitCRM is not active " & $Commit)
EndIf

func Remove()
mouseclick("left", 196, 58)
mouseclick("left", 325, 225)

;mouseclick("left", 898, 553)
mouseclick("left", 898, 582)
mouseclick("left", 898, 609)
mouseclick("left", 898, 635)
mouseclick("left", 898, 661)
mouseclick("left", 969, 738)

sleep(600) ;pause while screen refreshes.
EndFunc

October 31st, 2014, 10:55 AM
bxmas72

@LawsonTech and @lpopejoy
Thanks for the scripts!
I have over 5000 erroneous tickets to remove and these scripts worked

August 3rd, 2015, 07:57 AM
Support Team

Update from RangerMSP Team:

Support for batch delete Tickets was added in RangerMSP 9.

February 16th, 2017, 11:27 AM
racassel

That's nice, but the requests appear to be "Batch Close", not "Batch Delete" Has this moved us closer to getting a "Batch Close" feature? Perhaps you could take the VB example above and apply it to tickets that are displayed, like in the Contracts / Inbox section. Prompt me to backup CommitCRM before running to CYA / CMA.

February 16th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Support Team

Currently it is Batch Delete. We may introduce similar actions in the future. Thanks for suggesting. Thanks.