RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

April 4th, 2019, 05:05 PM
kyliecnz

Hi All,

I'm new to this software and am wanting to delete an account but it is telling me I need to remove the web users.

How do I do this ?

April 5th, 2019, 06:15 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting!
Indeed you cannot delete an Account that has Web users, nor delete Web users but rather deactivate them.

As for some background, deleting such records might break data integrity, for example, the system reference to such users for auditing purposes, like who did what and when, and deleting them will break it.

What you should do instead is to deactivate such accounts. In case such Account has just been created for testing purposes without real data involved, you can consider renaming it to "FUTURE USE" and can set its status to 'Inactive' so the Account will not be shown in the Accounts list by default. Then, in the future instead of creating another new Account rename this Account to the name of the Account you need to create and activate it by changing its status to active. Again, follow this idea only if this account has no real data, otherwise simply deactivate it and keep it deactivated.

Hope this helps!