RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 3rd, 2017, 09:38 AM
scoplin

I have a client that is on multiple tickets (default recipient, client point of contact). They are plying back to the wrong ticket with information, so ticket B now has an update intended for ticket A. This can result in confusion, edpecially if we have different techs assigned to the tickets. So tech A on ticket A is still waiting for a reply that the client sent to Ticket B and was received by tech B.

How does everyone else handle helping to keep clients replying back to correct ticket?

Fields in the ticket outbound template with identifying information?

February 3rd, 2017, 10:19 AM
Support Team

When a customer with multiple different open tickets reply to the wrong tickets they indeed create a mess. Using identifying information is probably the best way to have the customer not messing up the thread.
Besides, the Inbox view for Tickets may help as Tech A can see that their Ticket popped to the top.
Finally, techs can select to receive all customer emails on all tickets... - this may not be ideal but sometimes this is exactly what people want. For this a tech can visit Tools > Options > Tickets-2 tab and increase their level of participation in email threads.

Hope this helps.

February 3rd, 2017, 10:21 AM
scoplin

Thanks. I'll mess with the ticket reply templates and see what I can create.

February 4th, 2017, 11:24 AM
nattivillin

We have found no way to keep end users from mucking up the ticket process. We are merging tickets more than we ever did.

February 4th, 2017, 01:38 PM
scoplin

I just changed my Ticket Update template to the below. Hopefully it will help. The initial reply to emailed in ticket tries to force the whole description in the subject line, but the below only puts the first description line in the subject. I'm not sure why on the difference.

Subject:
Ticket Update [TKT-<CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTTICKETNO>] <CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTPROBLEM>

Body:

<CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENCURUSER_FLDGENEREMAILSIGN>
---------------------------------------
Description: <CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTPROBLEM>
Ticket: <CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENCOMMITWEBINTERFACESHOWURLLNK>

February 6th, 2017, 06:01 AM
Support Team

Actually there is only one field for the ticket description available for Email Templates and it should add the entire description, including on the subject line.
It is possible that the ticket you tested with contains a break line in the description that causes to show only first line on the description on the email subject.

Anyway, in case you will need only a first line to be added - it will be possible to achieve in our next release, version 15.

Hope this helps.

February 6th, 2017, 08:24 AM
scoplin

Strange, so it sounds like triggering the Email Template with the Email button is resulting in only the first description line showing on our outbound email updates is a bug. Either way, I like how it shows that and is helping to tell tickets apart on the end user's email side.

February 6th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Support Team

Well, it seems that it works this way if the Email Template is defined as Plain-text (non HTML) :-)

February 7th, 2017, 08:36 AM
scoplin

Aha, I do have our Ticket Update reply as plain text.

Link to pictures of the current templates if others need it.
http://imgur.com/a/7K6zX

March 13th, 2019, 02:21 PM
lpopejoy

We really need a subject field for tickets!! This would REALLY help to keep email threads separate.

March 19th, 2019, 07:27 AM
tfreitas

+100 on subject field!!

March 20th, 2019, 05:33 AM
Kevin@multi.co.za

this is a basic requirement and should be done ASAP

March 20th, 2019, 12:09 PM
aaspeer

Subject field please!